Rig tying

jefftow

Reaction score
Ok guys , I give up
How do you tie all your hook lengths exactly the same length for feeder fishing
I saw a guy on video saying he has 4 inch rig box and he uses that and they were exactly the same
I tie the hook then with a hook tyer then when I tie the swivel I hold the swivel at 4 inches but when I tighten the not it lengthens the rig not only that but they are all different

davebike

Reaction score
I use Pierotti Hook tier no longer made but Buffy's is a cheeky copy

Very quick and accurate I almost always tie 150mm and keep them in the older simple preston boxes

Dave

mick b

Reaction score
So a fish with a brain the size of a pea can differentiate between 3", 4", and 5" ?

Just tie 'em and catch 'em, or are you the one that's caught already?

You gotta laugh haven't you:D:D:D ?

coooky

Reaction score
tie the hook on and use something like preston hook length box or even 2 nails at a set distance

hook the hook onto one of the nails pull the line around the other and form a loop then use a loop tyer to form a loop

you wont get a exact length with a swivel though but if you need the swivel on you could always put it onto the loop

davebike

Reaction score
So a fish with a brain the size of a pea can differentiate between 3", 4", and 5" ?

The reason fro using all the same length is two fold

1 they all fit the storage box
2 the rig will remain the same length and accurate plumbing up will remain set

Dave

stevejay

Reaction score

You obviously don't ever plumb the depth then, so you wouldnt appreciate the significance of replacing a hooklength mid session with one that was shorter or longer. Perhaps on the waters you fish the fiish are not that discerning but i can promise you on many venues it is absolutely crucial......or maybe you don't ever fish with a float.....but to be honest even with a lead or feeder the length can make a difference!

laguna

Reaction score
Fish are simple creatures and how many times have I heard that before?

Keep it simple yes, but dont dismiss or underestimate your chances with consistency - get it right and repeatability goes out the window with even a slight change in tactics.

Other reasons for consistency are as stated by others, plus there is such a thing as the optimum length of a hooklink - you just need to find it! ;)