Fishcaked-Battered both sides

C

chefster

I should have known the writing was on the wall today,when i drew in between Kevin "the Legend" Folwell and Steve"Bagger" Brinley.......Kev-201lb- Steve-130lb- Chef-92lb.......Open at Toft carp lake today.....Kev took the honours with 53 carp,taken on 2+1 on meat....My match was frustrating as i had 40 carp,but couldnt catch a fish over 2lb,whearas Kevs were 4-6lb,that was the difference between pellet and meat!!,but i just could,nt get the meat to work for me...Never mind it was an eye opener watching such a class angler at close quarters.....Before the match Kev told me that hes been invited to fish for the England Vets in the Word Champs in Rome-Thats how good he is-a naturally gifted angler on any type of venue-lake,river, or canal....next open at Barby on Sat-must try harder!!!:D:D:D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Battered? 92lb ain't that bad Gaz. If that's battered I've been double treble battered over my match career. In fact you battered me proper the other month. You were playing at home though innit...

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Better than being battered by an ounce of gudgeon in a Northern winter league match, Gaz.

Having been told his man on A section had had an ounce, the team captain asked "Of what?" to be told, with a straight face, "mainly small stuff".

Northern winter leagues - miss them so much.....:)

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Better than being battered by an ounce of gudgeon in a Northern winter league match, Gaz.

Having been told his man on A section had had an ounce, the team captain asked "Of what?" to be told, with a straight face, "mainly small stuff".

Northern winter leagues - miss them so much.....:)

Proper fishing. ha, ha.

drakes

Reaction score
Kev took the honours with 53 carp,taken on 2+1 on meat

Hi all, not a match angler (anymore) but enjoy reading the posts. Can anyone tell me what fishing 2+1 means.

Thanks

Drakes

tonybull

Reaction score
I would say the top kit plus the No4, because most match anglers remove the No1 from the match top kit 3 which leaves 2 & 3 and a power kit only as a top 2 anyway.

B

binka

I would say the top kit plus the No4, because most match anglers remove the No1 from the match top kit 3 which leaves 2 & 3 and a power kit only as a top 2 anyway.

Amazingly... I understood that :D

Would it complicate things if it was a short number four, in which case he would have been fishing 2 + 1/2 (minus the original number 1)? :D

And... technically speaking, what is referred to as "1" is really a number 3 or a 4 then?

Unless the 4 is a short 4 in which case it's either a half or 2? :D :D

Last edited:

tonybull

Reaction score
Binka

I fish 2 + 3 but use short No4 and fish the No6 half way down, so in affect a 2 + 2 but with a bit more strength by using the short No4 :eek:mg::D

B

binka

At least Drakes will be clear on it now :D

By the way Drakes welcome to the mad house :eek:mg: :D

drakes

Reaction score
Mad house indeed. Thanks for the welcome. I have understood the replies so thanks for that. I mainly pleasure fish with rod and reel at Meadowlands Nr Coventry.

Dave