pole comparason advice

8721markc

Reaction score
i have ordered a preston gxr 3600 from chap-mans but they have told me preston are out of stock they do not sell the 3001 but do sell the 2600 can anyone tell me how the 2600 handles, or is it better to see if another supplier has one is stock?:confused:

C

chefster

i have ordered a preston gxr 3600 from chap-mans but they have told me preston are out of stock they do not sell the 3001 but do sell the 2600 can anyone tell me how the 2600 handles, or is it better to see if another supplier has one is stock?:confused:

Have you handled the 3600?if so cant you go to the same place and try the 2600,there is quite a price difference between the 2,which would obviously make a big difference in performance,personally if thats the pole you,ve handled and got a feel for,i think you should look elsewhere to buy one ,as its quite a big commitment,shelling out for a new pole, Chef

Reaction score
Hi
Ive got the GXR2600. Nice up to 13m but a hand-full beyond that. When I bought it I tried both the 2600 and the 3600 - the 3600 is way better at the longer lengths, only decided against it as I rarely need to fish beyond 13m so couldnt justify the extra cost - even using man maths!

Andy

C

chefster

Personally i dont see ,why people say this pole and that pole is a handful at 14.5 and 16 m..You should see some of the things i,ve fished with in the past-a Maver FX B2,with a Garbolino Renaissance butt reversed and shoved up it(to get to 16m) ....An original Maver Armageddon With 3 x 16m sections taking it to 21m -now thats a handful,when you havent got the money for top end you have to make do,and put up with it,people are spoilt these days......Chefster

8721markc

Reaction score
thanks for the advice, i spend a lot of time on the long pole understandable quality and comfort cost, but i think its worth an investment when fishing the long pole shallow. sorted the 3600 now managed to get it with the summer pack so plenty more tops and 14 sets of pi hollow dacron etc, once again thanks for the advice

C

chefster

thanks for the advice, i spend a lot of time on the long pole understandable quality and comfort cost, but i think its worth an investment when fishing the long pole shallow. sorted the 3600 now managed to get it with the summer pack so plenty more tops and 14 sets of pi hollow dacron etc, once again thanks for the advice

You are going to be excited and very busy then,doing all you,re top kits!!good luck with the new pole mate!! Chef