what would you do.????

brummiephil

Reaction score
a chat with some fishing friends prompted the following question:

if you are in a match, your have drawn your peg and are just settling in and setting up and then you look to your right and see Steve ringer/tommy picking/warren martin( or who ever) next to you setting up his gear
do you??

A. pack up and go home
B. try to beat them just to say you have
C. fish your own match and see what happens
D. watch and learn from a master
E. offer them the chance to win a quid?
F.other....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Withou a doubt it would be . . . . . B for me.

I've been beaten off of the next peg by some very well known anglers in my day, but then I've also beaten quite a few of them too, and from an adjacent peg too.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
it's happened to me a couple of times. ****y Carr, Gary Thorpe have both been pegged next to me. Just go for it and do your best. Accept that you will probably get battered. It's not the winning it's the taking part plus the opportunity to learn something thrown in....

sam vimes

Reaction score
B+C with a bit of D thrown in. A would be pretty stupid. You've already paid to fish, and if you've paid pools, you've already given someone your money. E would also be a bit daft if you've already been pools fodder, no point giving more money away.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Break up all the bread you have brought along to use as bait and throw it into Ringer's swim and turn it into a duck-Jacuzzi! :D