Magin Pole

dalesman

Reaction score
Wanting a Margin Pole.

But which one not had one before :confused:, to be honest not fished with a pole for at least 2 years.

What length and elastic for targeting grown on match carp.

Thanks in advance:).

C

chefster

Depends on how much you want to spend, they start from about £40 and go up to £300 +,its like everything else you,ll get what you pay for...You can start at the lower end of the spectrum with Middy White Knuckles etc-which are 6m and are,nt that strong and are heavy....or you can go for Browning ,or Tricast which are very strong,extremely lightweight and can be taken to 12m,so they can double as a main pole on most commercials,another popular margin pole is the Daiwa "Yank and Bank",10m,fairly strong,quite light,but a bit floppy,....Chef

tonybull

Reaction score
Shimano Beastmaster is a real nice lightweight very strong margin pole.

I have one and know a guy who targets specimen carp on his one. Not a problem handling big elastics and 10lb lines.

Hes had carp just under 30lb.

dalesman

Reaction score
Been thing about this over night and while being on the Oaks today.

I think I am going to save my money on the margin pole and jump in for a mid priced 13-14 metre pole as I with be able to fish at distance plus the margins.

Again not sure what to look for, the Airity seems to be the standard on bank but way beyond my pocket