TBF - higher pool advice needed

brummiephil

Reaction score
anyone fished higher pool at tunnel barn, any advice on baits / methods guys?

C

chefster

anyone fished higher pool at tunnel barn, any advice on baits / methods guys?

Hi Phil,Firstly mate ,i dont think there is one called "higher pool"at the complex,second thing is to ring TBF and ask to speak to Pete Rice or Les Whellon,they will give you bang up to date info on each pool..I,m there weds ,its a pity you cant make it over for a session...All the pools have the same stocking levels,and fish mostly the same,Its F1,skimmers,barbel,mirrors,perch,ide,roach....rigs as light as possible,0.12/0.10,hooks 16,18 B911 F1,small thin pencil type floats,strung bulk of no 10 or 11 stotz,above 4 inch hooklengths....Feed fishery micros and 4mm mixed damp,with small kinder pot,and fish 2 or 4 mm expanders,usually 5-6m,sometimes you might have an island to fish to,which will produce,but you,ll never beat any anglers fishing short,as they will catch much faster...fish a maggot and GB line at about 2-3m,this is where you will really bag up fast....Also whats still working on a good day is shallow,feeding casters by hand,and fishing maggot on the hook...just keep throwing casters by hand over you,re pellet line,once the fish start to come up get a small dibber on fished at 8-10 inches and keep slapping it,have a short lash,ignore little dips and bobs and just wait for the elastic to come out...this might work it might not,as its getting a bit colder now.. if you need to know anything else ,i might be able to help,pm me or give me a ring,Pete Rice is the fishery manager ,an angling legend,and a very helpful bloke,he also wins 99% of all the opens there so he knows his stuff,cheers Gaz

Last edited:

brummiephil

Reaction score
their web sites list of pools does not list it but the match results shows a high pool

Pool Reports - Tunnel Barn Farm

will pop in over the weekend and have a look

thanks for all the advice chef, a mine of information
had a great morning on the 501, so much better than my old pole

C

chefster

their web sites list of pools does not list it but the match results shows a high pool

Pool Reports - Tunnel Barn Farm

will pop in over the weekend and have a look

thanks for all the advice chef, a mine of information
had a great morning on the 501, so much better than my old pole

I see it is!!,i,ll be honest i have,nt heard of or fished that one,but as i said all the lakes apart from Bottom are stocked and fish exactly the same-basically so if its a big match or qualifier,you can win off of any pool,rather than lose at the drawbag(which happens on a few complex"s)...pop into the shop when you go over and speak to Ricey or Les,also pick yourself up a bag of Bait-tec 2mm expanders-these will do the business for you;)fish them on a 16 or 18 hook,by the way i just pm,d you!!:DGaz