chefster

I am looking for recommendations for floats for the following

pellets
maggots
casters
corn
meat

any thoughts guys??
Most of my fishing now is done with homemade power-pencils,made by Shaun @ Matchtackle,theyre good for pellet,maggot,caster,they come in 0.2,0.3,0.4,0.5 gm...For meat and corn generally i use Preston Durafloats....For Paste i use homemade paste floats from the same guy as above...For deeper water ie Tofts etc ,where there is a bit of tow i use Steve Maher Inline Diamonds in 0.4,0.5,0.6g.....for shallow caster/maggot-i use Preston Pinks in 4x10.....For pellet shallow-i use Maver Invicible inline Dibbers in 4x10,4x12....that pretty much covers most of my fishing,cheers Chef

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most floats will fish most baits, if you are fishing hard on the bottom, as I tend to do most of the time. Generally the lightest float you can get away with is a good choice. Some floats like Drennan Trio, Tipo, Quad and Tuff Eye have interchangeable bristles to suit most light conditions.

C

chefster

Most floats will fish most baits, if you are fishing hard on the bottom, as I tend to do most of the time. Generally the lightest float you can get away with is a good choice. Some floats like Drennan Trio, Tipo, Quad and Tuff Eye have interchangeable bristles to suit most light conditions.

Those floats are only any good for fishing open water ,fairly deep,smallish baits

tonybull

Reaction score
Google Hillbilly's top quality hand made floats. Uses the best materials available.

I make most of my own floats now, but still use a couple from the above.

The Chump is good for open water and the AK47 is good for margin work.

C

chefster

Google Hillbilly's top quality hand made floats. Uses the best materials available.

I make most of my own floats now, but still use a couple from the above.

The Chump is good for open water and the AK47 is good for margin work.

Can we buy you,re floats then Tony??:D:D