number of pole sections

freddiefisher

Reaction score
if I buy a 13 meter pole how many sections will it have and with they all be the same lenght

sam vimes

Reaction score
Depends on the make and model of pole. Even different models from a single manufacturer aren't always the same.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nowadays pole sections tend to be longer and 9 is around right for 13m, at least with Maver, anyway.

freddiefisher

Reaction score
i will be fishing canal and complexes such as tunnel barn farm and bylthe fishery

so need some advice.

my choices so far are

M.A.P. either 401 or the 501

or

Team Daiwa XR4 16m Pole

are pole sections and pole top kits the same lenght

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With each pole you get a match top kit (usually 3 sections) and a number of power top 2 kits. Generally you elasticate through the 1 and 2 in a match top 3 with a light elastic or throw away the no 1 and elasticate the 2 and 3 to make a power kit. With a power top 2 you elasticate through both sections with a stronger elastic. A typical power top 2 will be around 3m long and then the pole sections will vary in length ie. go up in steps from the No 4 (around 1.3m) to the number 9 butt (around 1.7m). These figures are for my Maver 13m Medusa SX.

Have you not considered Maver? The easy-flow power top 2 kits are, in my opinion, the best side-puller kits available, plus they need so little cutting back to accommodate hollow elastics. My 3 top 2 kits, containing white, grey and black Hydro are within 2 inches of each other and my cupping kit is bang on the length of the middle grey top which makes for very accurate feeding.

brummiephil

Reaction score
I have just bought the 501 and its brilliant
Solihull angling centre is not far from you.
go and chat to Duncan , he is a great guy and will set you right

8721markc

Reaction score
most 16 m poles have 9 sections to the no 4 then the top 3 or 2, so i guess you are probably looking at 7. the sections will be slightly shorter with the no 4 being the shortest, guess some poles may be different but all i have had or seen have this design..rgds...tight lines.