World Championship 2008

Lee Rose

Reaction score
I have just heard from a reliable source that

Drennan Team angling have won gold!!

Will Raison is world champion and Steve Gardner got bronze!!!

Great News for our lads!!!!

Reaction score
Yes it was in Italy. Brilliant result.

Looking forward to hearing all about it on the national news broadcasts - great paralympic results, good win for those who enjoy watching fast cars going round and round and round and round(real entertainment that...not!), and double Gold for England at Angling on a venue where the Italians only had to turn up to win - may even pop over to the BBC website to read their coverage now!

Lee Rose

Reaction score
Yes we beat the Italians on home soil!!

Apparently San Marino came second!!

1st Will Raison

2nd Wheelie Wheeler-Eire

3rd Steve Gardner

Reaction score
No -strangely enough I didn't.

At least the NFA have got somethng out today - a one liner announcing the double gold and saying full report to come - now this is quicker than previous victories - Emma Pickering, Mark Addy, the "Colts" etc - however since the website linked to AT/IYFC was doing a daily blog and had a report up by yesterday afternoon - this still isn't really good enough.

I have stated before the admiration I have for the work the NFA is doing at all levels of the sport BUT at a time where the BBC sport media have gold medal fever these events should be being rammed down the beebs throats. I imagine that the NFA PR have contacted the BBC but perhaps the work on this front needs to be reviewed - do they have any form of film crew producing material the broadcasters can use - after all reporters use camera phones to get reports back from remote/dangerous zones

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
NFA press office should have had the reports out minutes after the results were in. Follow up reports in the next few hours. Do weknow if there were any press releases on the event and our chances.

This is were i think we are lacking in reporting these things.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lee Rose wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I have just heard from a reliable source that

Drennan Team angling have won gold!!

Will Raison is world champion and Steve Gardner got bronze!!!</blockquote>

Let's hope there isn't a stewards enquiry and Will is reduced to third with a 25 gram penalty, then.

The Italians might end up winning that one as well then.

Otherwise, well done the lads.