does anyone own or has used the Maver elite 47 pole?

mccn

Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend of mine has inherited one of these and has kindly offered to sell it to me for a very good price. Having only read a few reviews via google i was wondering if anyone out there has personal experiences of this pole?

Is it any good?

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Maver poles seem to be popular but when I was on the lookout for a carp pole recently, a dealer (BAS in Bolton) called them "Maver Waifers" he said they are strong as long as they are not loaded up too much, then the top 2/3 or no 4's can break.... and Maver spares are not cheap... great for silver's I'd surmise from his opinion as they are light and rigid.... I suppose there'll be others swearing by them, but then it depends on how you treat your pole, I'd not use one for larger carp

mccn

Reaction score
Cheers Arthur,

I bought this pole from my friend as it was mint and the price was so good i could not refuse it and i think, after fishing with it, that your description is spot on. After feeling each section i would not dream of fishing for carp with this pole, but i must say it is the dogs dangley's for silvers.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
it'll probably be fine for F1's and carp up to about 5lb I suppose it's all down to how heavy handed you are when playing them

mccn

Reaction score
Hopefully now the wind has dropped, i will finally be able to give my new pole a comfortable workout at serious lengths and i'll let you know if i hook any larger fish.

Thanks Arthur! :D