Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Seat boxes.... a quandary

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Hammer, nail, head!
    Are you going to make your own?
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

Hi Arthur, I got one of these Matchbox SX4 boxes over two years ago, and I have to say it's a quality piece of kit! It's still in perfect condition, nothing's broken and it's still sturdy as hell.

It's really light, much lighter than many supposedly top of the range boxes. It's comfy and has plenty of drawer space, as I'm sure you're finding out.

Like you, I ordered mine direct from Matchbox, they couldn't have been more helpful and even threw in a full set of pole rig winders, an extra feeder rest head and a hat for free.

Great box from a great company, I hope yours serves you as well as mine has me

Yup... it swallowed all my kit with room for more...(not sure if that's a good thing) but I like the sturdy build, I find mine a tad heavy, but then it's full up with gear, so I'll live with it.... It'll either be on my platform/barrow or it'll have my @rse sat on it, so no problems there..

My only gripe, is there is no provision for securing the pole between your legs like other pole seats, but as I tend to use a tulip, pole roller, or my balling arms to stow the pole when not in use it's no big deal....
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam....!

I just ordered an S Class box also and the pole seat is just a small concern. I was wondering if one of these would fit!
    https://www.nordiktackle.net/default...tbox-seat.html

not without some serious surgery on your existing seat.... to be honest, for me, it's not too big a deal, I use a pair of over/under balling arms and I also have a Preston Innovations pole support on the legs of the footplate, so I'm not without options....

I just ordered one from Octbox. It's only a fiver and I think I can handle 2 rivets or maybe a slight mod. If it works I'll post a pic... If not... we won't mention it again! It's going to take about 4 weeks for the box to arrive though.

Good luck.... I'll just mention that there is no seat cutout for the pole cup to fit into.....

this is how the seat arrived on my box... if yours is the same it'll need some surgery

Thanks for the heads up! It's a bit of fun [while I'm waiting...] if nohing else. However I am expecting the seat to look like this, but who knows!

Blog Entries

A2S, I dont use poles for my fishing and my box reflects the fact.
    Built with plywood in '73, its got internal adjustable feet, a seperate internal seat used when feederfishing which enables me to lean back against upturned lid (so comfy) , a carrying strap thats fitted at the two rear corners so its less likely to slip off the shoulders, and, the "piece de resistance" holes in the bottom so when I'm stood stick floating on the Trent and the tide catches me out it empties when it goes down(lol).
    Its big- and I mean big, a perfect tray/shelf for bits and bats when stood in the river margins, no need for net bags and other cumbersome extras, in short perfect for my riverwork when I fish for smaller species.
    £1200 for a modern box, mine cost me 30p for the hinges, love it.
    That said if I was to go into match angling on todays waters I figure like yourself that a modern box would perhaps be more advantages.
    ps-- hope you enjoy your new one.

Loving it..... I'm a definite convert..... buy British

the sharp eyed amongst you will notice the last pic had my setup t'other way round.... I tried the orthodox way and got into a state, so back to being a Cack-Handed b*gger it works for me I s'pose

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast