Seat boxes.... a quandary

paul_l

Reaction score
Smashing set-up. Hopefully those two nets were overflowing at the end of the session!

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Taken from another thread... Sorry to disappoint (posted this morning by meself)

Well a days practice at Fennes went well with 20-odd pounds of skimmers and one slab, thinking all will be well, I began my preparations in earnest.

I ordered my bait..... carefully riddled off all the cack, sprinkled it lovingly with the finest Krill powder, measured out my liquidised Cell added it to the Bream 3000 groundbait and passed it through a fine mesh riddle to sieve off any large lumps that may overfeed the fish, carefully cut a nice sarnie, prepared my flask with the finest Kenco instant, loaded my new box and pole into the car and carefully set off for the 30 mile journey to Fennes fishery.....

Where I caught 3lb 10 oz of bits from a weed covered corner in the farthest bay on the lake... next time I'll take a pint of the mankiest maggots I can get my mitts on, some old skanky groundbait from the bargain bucket at the shop, grab a sarnie from tesco, take a can of Rola Cola for summat to drink sling the gear in the motor any old how and teararse to the venue and bag up

Ho hum.... happens to us all sometimes I s'pose:eek::confused:

tincatim

Reaction score

Loving it..... I'm a definite convert..... buy British

the sharp eyed amongst you will notice the last pic had my setup t'other way round.... I tried the orthodox way and got into a state, so back to being a Cack-Handed b*gger it works for me I s'pose:cool::wh:eek:mg:

The sharp eyed will also notice that suspicious looking 'red stain' on the floor behind your box. Did you forget your sarnies and murder a coot Arthur?

greenie62

Reaction score
The sharp eyed will also notice that suspicious looking 'red stain' on the floor behind your box. Did you forget your sarnies and murder a coot Arthur?

The picture looks like a subject for a future Caption Competition - you've got the first entry Tim! :)

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Tis riddled off Expo groundbait that I had sprinkled over my maggots... Please be assured that no birdlife was harmed in the taking of that photograph... anyway... Coots are boney with no meat.... :cool::thumbs::p

stripey

Reaction score
Hi i bought a avanti seat box with 2 front drawers i side drawer and 2 under seat storage boxes for less than £100, had it about 6 yrs not had any problems with it, it comes with a removable foot plate, and its not too heavy chuffed to bits with it, great value for the money, got it from Dragon Carp.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
I've heard some tales about Dragon Carp gear... some good, some bad.... in the main, it's good solid kit built to a price.... That said I've bought budget before and I've paid for it, so I wanted something sturdy and with a good reputation behind it and Matchbox fits the bill perfectly....

The Avanti Boxes seem to be well made and for the money you get a lot of kit that would be an extra cost for the big named stuff:cool:

maurice walsh

Reaction score

silvers

Reaction score
Is the matchbox still suiting you arthur2sheds?
I was pegged next to Jim burton on Saturday ... Hadn't seen him for over 20 years, but then he's not been on any matches in that time. He introduced himself as Jim Burton Matchbox .... Wonder if he changed it by deed poll?
I did have to remind him that we'd met 20 years before! He is definitely a character and can talk the hind legs off a donkey!

Anyway ... Jim had the last laugh with 2 barbel for the section win ... Beating my 12 pounds of roach and dace.:wh:wh

brookesey

Reaction score
I found this old thread really useful because I'd never come across MatchBox tackle before. Really like the look of the boxes they offer and I was able to get a couple of 25 mm telescopic legs to fit my current box at a very reasonable price. :)

john step

Reaction score
Yes and does anybody know if Arthur still fishes or looks in here?

dicky123

Reaction score
Arthur, Could I ask how much and where from please? What did you buy, I really would like a back rest if I took one?

Thanks Rich.