Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Seat boxes.... a quandary

A2s, that looks the buziness, very nice layout.

Smashing set-up. Hopefully those two nets were overflowing at the end of the session!

Taken from another thread... Sorry to disappoint (posted this morning by meself)

Well a days practice at Fennes went well with 20-odd pounds of skimmers and one slab, thinking all will be well, I began my preparations in earnest.

I ordered my bait..... carefully riddled off all the cack, sprinkled it lovingly with the finest Krill powder, measured out my liquidised Cell added it to the Bream 3000 groundbait and passed it through a fine mesh riddle to sieve off any large lumps that may overfeed the fish, carefully cut a nice sarnie, prepared my flask with the finest Kenco instant, loaded my new box and pole into the car and carefully set off for the 30 mile journey to Fennes fishery.....

Where I caught 3lb 10 oz of bits from a weed covered corner in the farthest bay on the lake... next time I'll take a pint of the mankiest maggots I can get my mitts on, some old skanky groundbait from the bargain bucket at the shop, grab a sarnie from tesco, take a can of Rola Cola for summat to drink sling the gear in the motor any old how and teararse to the venue and bag up
    Ho hum.... happens to us all sometimes I s'pose
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam....!

Quote Originally Posted by arthur2sheds View Post

Loving it..... I'm a definite convert..... buy British

the sharp eyed amongst you will notice the last pic had my setup t'other way round.... I tried the orthodox way and got into a state, so back to being a Cack-Handed b*gger it works for me I s'pose

The sharp eyed will also notice that suspicious looking 'red stain' on the floor behind your box. Did you forget your sarnies and murder a coot Arthur?

Quote Originally Posted by tincatim View Post
    The sharp eyed will also notice that suspicious looking 'red stain' on the floor behind your box. Did you forget your sarnies and murder a coot Arthur?
    The picture looks like a subject for a future Caption Competition - you've got the first entry Tim!

Tis riddled off Expo groundbait that I had sprinkled over my maggots... Please be assured that no birdlife was harmed in the taking of that photograph... anyway... Coots are boney with no meat....

Aye you'd be better off with a nice plump juicy mallard

yum..... second only to Badger

Hi i bought a avanti seat box with 2 front drawers i side drawer and 2 under seat storage boxes for less than £100, had it about 6 yrs not had any problems with it, it comes with a removable foot plate, and its not too heavy chuffed to bits with it, great value for the money, got it from Dragon Carp.

I've heard some tales about Dragon Carp gear... some good, some bad.... in the main, it's good solid kit built to a price.... That said I've bought budget before and I've paid for it, so I wanted something sturdy and with a good reputation behind it and Matchbox fits the bill perfectly....

The Avanti Boxes seem to be well made and for the money you get a lot of kit that would be an extra cost for the big named stuff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast