What do you feed on your pole lines for skimmers/proper bream?

mccn

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been fishing many silvers matches over the winter and have chopped and changed my feed from time to time to see if there is anything that may be dinstinctly different to others and hopefully give me an edge?

Could anyone let me know what they feed on their 13/14.5m pole lines when targetting skimmers/proper bream and what hookbaits they find successful?

The 2 variances i have been trying are, 1st - groundbait with chopped worm/casters with maggot tipped worm segment on the hook and 2nd -groundbait with micro pellet and dead maggot with expander pellet or 3 dead maggots on the hook.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as you describe above. As a switch of hook bait sometimes corn skin ( squeeze the kernel out ). On really hard days double squatt or single flouro pinkie.

mccn

Reaction score
I must admit that i've used dead pinkie fed through the cage feeder with either maggot or pinkie on the hook with pretty good success this winter but can't seem to get em to work well on the pole line? God knows why?

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
chopped worm and caster for me.... neat, no groundbait, but if I need to use groundbait I'll not mix the worm in with it, I'll feed a couple of balls then a cup of worm and caster over the top....