My second match...

fishplate42

Reaction score
...is just over a week away and last week I got a bit of bank-time in. Well, I was shocked I caught fish one after the other and even managed to help a young lad to catch his first fish less than a year after I caught mine. You can see how I got on HERE. I managed to crack the pellet waggler after many aborted attempts and was pulling F1s out one after the other all around the 2lb mark. The same on the feeder. What a great day, I can't wait for next week to come around...

Ralph.

Last edited:

fishplate42

Reaction score
Great day on Wednesday, I came seventh and caught 27lb of mainly carp. Full story can be found on my blog. I was happy, I improved my weight and standing compared to last time.

Ralph.

john step

Reaction score
Great day on Wednesday, I came seventh and caught 27lb of mainly carp. Full story can be found on my blog. I was happy, I improved my weight and standing compared to last time.

Ralph.

I think you replied to me some time ago that you were never going to be a fishing fanatic?? Are you getting there yet?:)

fishplate42

Reaction score
I think you replied to me some time ago that you were never going to be a fishing fanatic?? Are you getting there yet?:)

The last line of my latest blog:

"Now you know I said I was not interested in match fishing? Cancel that!"

I think I might be :eek:

Ralph.

greenie62

Reaction score
Well done, Ralph,
Looks like you're getting the hang of this lark!:)
I think you are being wise in 'picking your battles' - in terms of fishing waters you have some experience on and know what works there. A good way of building-up your confidence, experience and credibility. As you've already found - sometimes switches in starting-times and formats might only be notified at the last minute!
Yet again - an excellent write-up - well done! :thumbs:

rubio

Reaction score
Sounds like you already have enough experience to pass on to a duffer like me, let alone a newbie. Good on ya for that