Where are all the target boards gone?

caferacer

Reaction score
Whilst braid and sensitive tips will show the tiniest of bites I have found that the target board makes actually spotting them far easier and takes the strain off the eyes.Think about it,a bright white or orange tip contrasting against a black background.I think its main advantage for me anyhow is when its windy.Not something to use on puddles but for winter scratching.

B

binka

With regards to braid I've heard of one or two people going back to low stretch mono as braid accentuated the plucks too much and they were striking at what they would otherwise leave to develop into a reasonable bite.

I have found this myself when fishing with a light tip and braid on stillwater and I too have reverted back although I can probably see a use for it on those cold, hard winter days or fishing at range, especially where there is a strong tow and the thinner diameter of braid will be less affected.

caferacer

Reaction score
I agree,I went from having braid on all my tip reels to just one and thats only for the long chuck or really tough depths of winter scratching.I get on better with low stretch mono for most of my tip work.

kenpm

Reaction score
You can still buy them but I don't know for how long W B Clarke angling wholesalers have them in their catalogue so any shop that deals with them can buy them,also Browning have some fancy ones in their catalogue even an illuminated one for night fishing but its very expensive.

greenie62

Reaction score
..... Browning have some fancy ones in their catalogue even an illuminated one for night fishing but its very expensive.

Especially if they are too bright and Skippy hurls them in the lake for blinding him! :eek::D

B

binka

If anyone fancies printing and laminating their own graphic onto a homemade target board then these should keep your eyes busy and give you plenty of scope…

:)

greenie62

Reaction score
If anyone fancies printing and laminating their own graphic onto a homemade target board then these should keep your eyes busy and give you plenty of scope….....

:cool: I'm sure I used to have those albums 'back in the day' :)

mikench

Reaction score
Groovy man! OMG where are those loons, the tie died grandad vest and most importantly the shoulder length thick head of hair? All gone and destined never to return:(

I thought i looked cool when in reality I looked a wally.;)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I thought i looked cool when in reality I looked a wally.;)

Maybe....but so did everybody else. Wear the same stuff now and you would most certainly look a wally !

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Spotted a couple in one of my local tackle shops this afternoon.

How much ? 17/6d ?