Where are all the target boards gone?

sam vimes

Reaction score
How much ? 17/6d ?

I've no idea, but as the plastic packaging hadn't gone opaque, didn't appear to stink of ammonia (at range), and wasn't covered in a fairly liberal coating of "dust", I doubt that they could have been on the shelf much more than a week!;):D:eek:

B

binka

I see Reuben Heaton do a target board...

Reuben Heaton Fishing Target Board ~ New | eBay

If it's anything like their Lieweight Mk II scales it will take forever to settle the tip which will then be lost in the blink of an eyelid and any bites will show the tip two inches further round than it actually is :rolleyes:;):D

caelan

Reaction score
they was a great bit of kit but I left my one in Ireland when fishing the river Shannon for them tiny bites from decent size bream way back in the 1980/90
not used one lately sad to say

maurice walsh

Reaction score
here in the land of eternal wind n rain i use the target board regularly ,MIKENCH, dead easy to use n no wading involved if your on the bank or a big platform , set yourself up on one side of the platform and put your target in the corner away from you and place your rod tip about 2/3 inches from it a mark or 2 below or above the east/west axis marking, with no tension on the tip it should be pointing at 1/2 way from middle to the east or west depending which way your pointed(left or right handed), under tension a little before or after middle, that is how i was shown, on the bank same setup, rod at 70 to 90 degrees to your left or right, target set same as above, its not a hard thing to use if shown, oh, and me thinks your turning into a tackle tart,:D ;):eek:mg::wh their are youtube vids on this method

Last edited:
B

binka

they was a great bit of kit but I left my one in Ireland when fishing the river Shannon for them tiny bites from decent size bream way back in the 1980/90

A great excuse for a return journey under the guise that you're just nipping back to fetch it :)

It's probably still there, randomly sticking out of the water somewhere in need of a good wipe with a damp cloth...

B

binka

I've heard that some of the carp lads have tuned into the effectiveness of the target board on hard fished waters.

Here's one in the standard issue Realtree finish, being used to great effect...

;)

Last edited: