Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Where are all the target boards gone?

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Banned on all my waters!
    A joke, surely?!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Where are all the target boards gone?

Quote Originally Posted by soft plastic View Post
    A joke, surely?!
    I suspect Mikench meant braid, not target boards.

A light tip and braid line shows up shy bites well
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Whilst braid and sensitive tips will show the tiniest of bites I have found that the target board makes actually spotting them far easier and takes the strain off the eyes.Think about it,a bright white or orange tip contrasting against a black background.I think its main advantage for me anyhow is when its windy.Not something to use on puddles but for winter scratching.
    Common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.

binka Guest

With regards to braid I've heard of one or two people going back to low stretch mono as braid accentuated the plucks too much and they were striking at what they would otherwise leave to develop into a reasonable bite.

I have found this myself when fishing with a light tip and braid on stillwater and I too have reverted back although I can probably see a use for it on those cold, hard winter days or fishing at range, especially where there is a strong tow and the thinner diameter of braid will be less affected.

I agree,I went from having braid on all my tip reels to just one and thats only for the long chuck or really tough depths of winter scratching.I get on better with low stretch mono for most of my tip work.
    Common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.

You can still buy them but I don't know for how long W B Clarke angling wholesalers have them in their catalogue so any shop that deals with them can buy them,also Browning have some fancy ones in their catalogue even an illuminated one for night fishing but its very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpm View Post
    ..... Browning have some fancy ones in their catalogue even an illuminated one for night fishing but its very expensive.
    Especially if they are too bright and Skippy hurls them in the lake for blinding him!

Sorry I did mean braid! Must learn to repeat the text before responding!

binka Guest

If anyone fancies printing and laminating their own graphic onto a homemade target board then these should keep your eyes busy and give you plenty of scopeā€¦

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast