Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Octoplus.

Default Octoplus.

Does anyone think the new fishing stool is worth the money? I like the idea of it's lightness and how it packs down. But at £130 and thats without the foot stand is it worth it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Octoplus.

This one dicky?

Super Stool with NEW underseat storage

If so then it look very basic for that sort of money . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I've always liked Octoplus gear. Everything I've had has been well made and long lasting. However, I have about as much need for a seat box, let alone a stool, as I do a chocolate teapot. If that ever changes, I'd have no hesitation in buying Octoplus. In the grand scheme of things, their products aren't even especially expensive now. I shudder to think how much equivalent Rive products cost.

Here's a few alternatives. Admittedly, some have footplates, but they cost far, far more. The Rive stool is actually the closest comparable product. To me, it doesn't look as good, looks far cheaper, has less features, yet costs a similar amount.

https://www.nathansofderby.com/map-h30-lite-seat-box.ir

https://www.nathansofderby.com/prest...ompact-blue.ir

https://www.nathansofderby.com/rive-...olding-legs.ir

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    I've always liked Octoplus gear. Everything I've had has been well made and long lasting
    I couldn't agree ore and I have a mass of Octoplus kit in my garage all superseded now by more modern alternatives.

they were the forerunner of many of today's manufacturers and one of their best models was that sturdy river ground-bait tray/table.

One of these day I must have a good clear out of all that now redundant tackle though . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Thats the one Peter. I've had second thoughts now, thanks mate.

Blog Entries

The seat looks just the job for someone with haemorrhoids
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Buy the time you buy one of these add on a couple of extra trays and footplate you end up back where you were a seatbox.