maver elite float rods?

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am thinking of getting the 12' version of the maver elite float rod and was wondering if anyone has used them.
I would be grateful for any info at all.
I want it mainly for commercials and just wondered what the action was like and what species it is best suited to.
Any other suggestions would also be welcome although its the lightness of the maver that has impressed me.
Thank you.

sagalout

Reaction score
I really like these, the father in law has one and it is superb, very light, lovely through action and you can feel a gudgeon fart or land double figure carp. This will be my next 12ft float rod when my current powerlite needs replacing although after 7 years it shows no signs of needing replacing.

I have the 10ft elite feeder and it is also brilliant.

robcourt82

Reaction score
I've looked at them in the past, they're a fancy looking bit of kit but I like the way they look. Very well balanced and quite a light action. I wanted something with a bit more oomph which is why I didn't buy one.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've looked at the Maver Elites several times. They've never struck me as being particularly special at the price point. However, as I don't really like the bling bits, I've found it hard to see past the cosmetics. They are relatively thin in the blank, but not especially light. Most modern carbon match/pellet waggler rods feel light enough at 13' or less.

As an example on weight, compare the stated 135g of the Drennan Acolyte Carp Waggler 12' to the stated 151g of the Maver Elite 12'

I'm categorically not suggesting that the Maver Elites are in any way bad rods. I simply don't have any bank experience of them to make that call. However, I'm happier suggesting that they may well fall into the category of decent enough rods that will ultimately disappear without making a particularly big splash. There's a couple of shortlist alternatives that I feel fall into the same territory, the Garbolino Altimas and MAP Parabolix.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Thanks Sam,i am afraid the acolyte is out of my price range but i understand your point.
I had a look at the elite yesterday but originally had gone to look at the frenzee 11'6" float rod but i just came away more confused.
Have you any other suggestions please..
Has anyone tried the Drennan Series 7 Puddle Chucker 12ft CARP WAGGLER ROD

Last edited:

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Yes mate i bought the 11' elite.
I have only managed to use it a couple of times but i really liked it.
So much so i bought the 12' as it was at a price i could not turn down.
I have not managed to use the 12' yet so can't say if it's as good as the 11'.