Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faps Hexa 14.5m

Default Re: Faps Hexa 14.5m

Like anything that you want to sell, it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, I think the issues with the hexa at the time were that it seemed brittle and some sections cracked, this was possibly due to the design and the way the carbon was laid on the sections, Not all suffered from this, but like the saying goes, its anglers who break poles, its not the pole that breaks itself. there is a margin pole presently on the market, some have reported the number 3 or 4 section splits when under pressure, I know people who use the same pole and have landed large carp with it, so again mixed reports on the same item, Use your pole for what it was intended for, don't lacy it up to strong and enjoy your fishing,

Thanks lads,it may not be particularly valuable in a monetary sense but it does seem to be a real oddity and super rare but I agree with the general consensus here,I should use it.I will re laccy the 4 kits with 2,4,6 and 8 elastics and will use it only for small silvers and will have 3 rollers at the ready.I forgot to add,its a Shakespeare Faps Hexa.All the Hexas are the same,Shakespeare simply stuck on a sticker on theirs.You have to be careful when putting it away as the sections are hexagonal and can get easily jammed.I think it was this reason many sections were cracked-clumsy anglers.If it was a car it would be a 70s Citroen SM.
    Common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.

Caferacer it was the Shakespeare hexa that was reported to crack and feel brittle, it was around £1800 when new, As for your laccy , remove the number one and use doubled up 4, the same 6, single 10. and use other top kit as cup kit,if not got one, if you have use a single 8 laccy,
    those options will cover most of everything, you will land small silvers on doubled 4. double 6 will land good skimmers and bonus fish, single 8 the same and single 10 will do most bonus fish, just because you say you are going for small stuff, it does not mean that big stuff wont rock up and spoil the party,

They were a nice pole at the time they were available if a little fragile but they never caught on because Faps did not have a proper distribution deal with any firm in the UK only people who dabbled a little with imports then Shakespeare who also dabbled with Triana another one that went bust in the 90s.
    When Faps went bust in the 90s and the assets I think not 100% sure were bought by Lerc and then later by Maver but the technology never surfaced again probably because it did not out perform the normal round mandrels.
    The closest comparison I could draw which you would understand with your user name would be a Norton Rotary motorcycle,good idea not fully developed but ultimately a dead end still loved by a few.

Very good comparison-those Norton rotaries were well ahead of their time and were winners in the hands of the likes of Haslam but everything conspired against their success.
    Common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12