Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What Elastic Match top 3 Kit

Mike there are bottom pullers ( not as naughty as they sound ) there are side pullers, hollow elastics, hollow elastics filled with a liquid, solid elastics double elastics, stonfo connectors, dacron connectors, crows foot connection .......... Ah forget it... stick with rod and line

2. Default Re: What Elastic Match top 3 Kit

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Brooksey do you not think a solid 6 through that length of topkit ( match top 3) is asking for trouble if Bob hits into say a 4lb carp, it will stretch a fair way, I would do it through the top two of his match kit, and use double 6 in a power kit and possibly a solid 12 on a puller,
    Bob as for your cupping kit, I would do away with the cups, and remove threaded end and bush and elasticate it as a spare top kit, Then get a Preston Innovations or Garbolino adjustable cupping kit, that way you don't have to cut kits back, ideally you should but you will have to see if you can get a bush to fit the kits before you cut them back, that's why I said about adjustable cupping kit
    Hi Mark, I was advising that he keep it for venues other than commercials where encounters with carp are unlikely. A solid 6 in a match kit would indeed not be much use on commercials and therefore it should remain in the bag. I thought that was clear in my post above.

Personally I don't fish commercials so I use top 3 kits with elastic through the top 2 and have them set up with 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 elastics. The no. 2 only comes out for summer bit bashing on the far shelf of the canal and the 8 only when I'm fishing for big slabs or a tench. No. 4 and 6 are used most of the time so I've got two top three kits for each of those.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesey View Post
    Hi Mark, I was advising that he keep it for venues other than commercials where encounters with carp are unlikely. A solid 6 in a match kit would indeed not be much use on commercials and therefore it should remain in the bag. I thought that was clear in my post above.

Personally I don't fish commercials so I use top 3 kits with elastic through the top 2 and have them set up with 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 elastics. The no. 2 only comes out for summer bit bashing on the far shelf of the canal and the 8 only when I'm fishing for big slabs or a tench. No. 4 and 6 are used most of the time so I've got two top three kits for each of those.
    I just re read your post and see where you are coming from, its just that I have fished lots of commercials and the top 3 and 6 lacy made me think, I will read and digest properly next time, I know all about a solid 6 in a top three on a commercial, I was catching plenty of silvers on that set up when a rogue F1 decided it was hungry, I was stood up with 6 metres of carbon high in the air playing the bloody thing for a while, landed it eventually, On the canal near me Prestons 15 hollo is required on some of the pegs, I am going to do more canal fishing this year, so it will be light elastics in a couple of kits and the commie tops stay at home,

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Mike there are bottom pullers ( not as naughty as they sound ) there are side pullers, hollow elastics, hollow elastics filled with a liquid, solid elastics double elastics, stonfo connectors, dacron connectors, crows foot connection .......... Ah forget it... stick with rod and line

I think I will although I do now possess a cheap whip! Elasticating it sounds as complicated as brain surgery!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12