Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carp free

Default carp free

would any match anglers prefer their contests on carp free waters

Default Re: carp free

Can't really speak for match anglers, but when I'm not going specifically for specimen carp with a trio of rods, I try to stick to silverfish only waters.

I don't fish matches but the amount of carp waters now is stupid,....sickening

I know of a 0.5 acre lake with 4-5 20lbers in there. That is canned fishing IMO.

If you catch a 20 from a tiny, overstocked pool - then it doesn't count!

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

A lot of commercials have silver fish only matches on them even though there are carp in the pools,
    more clubs these days are going carp orientated to get more members interested in joining or staying.
    I think the smaller clubs have to do this to survive,
    As for fishing matches on carp free venues I would welcome the idea, at least that way it is more or less
    a level playing field, no "fliers" as on some venues that a black with F1's and carp,
    I have fished matches were any carp caught have counted as 3lb even if it was 1lb or 5lb,
    I think more people are going back on the canals and rivers because of clubs stocking carp in their pools.

too many small ponds have been ruined by stocking "mud-pigs" indiscriminately , lets have waters where the traditional fish live

Don't get me wrong, I love specimen carp fishing.

I do, however, try to avoid them when out with the pole or waggler.

Far too many venues have been ruined by stocking carp and snapping of anglers fishing for silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by john r stockburn View Post
    too many small ponds have been ruined by stocking "mud-pigs" indiscriminately , lets have waters where the traditional fish live
    Perhaps they should have not stocked the Carp and then lose the water to angling altogether as no one wants to fish it.

Blog Entries

If an angler wanted to fish a "carp free" water then I would imagine that's what they would do.

Canned fishing? Redmire is only 2 acres plenty of other small difficult waters were about during the same period.

I have no idea why anglers complain about Carp because without them there would be a lot less anglers and tackle shops not to mention the amount of innovations that have come about because of Carp. I like to see a Roach on the end of my line but mainly when its on a set of trebles.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

We tried some silver fish only matches but few wanted to fish for 10lbs of roach when they could catch 100lbs of easy carp. We even had some complain that anything less than 100 lb catch of carp was not enough to bring them back because down the road they could catch 200lbs or more.

The whole fishing world now seems to be carp mad so unless there is a virus that wipes out carp it will continue to be so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast