Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 10' -11' Waggler Rod

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    ....and they won't cast anything lighter! Believe me they will!
    Heavier rods will cast lighter floats. However, the heavier the rod (and line), the worse they will cast light floats. You might be surprised how far you can launch a tiny stillwater blue with light line and the right, light rod. Put the same 2bb waggler with an overly heavy rod and you'll struggle to get it very far. It's exactly the same issue that some carpers find when they buy their 3.5lb TC rods and struggle to cast any distance because the leads they use are too light to properly compress the rod on the cast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snag is that you can't really expect a rod, that's ideal for launching tiny floats with light lines, to be suited to doing battle with dirty great fish. However, I'm not really sure why anyone would feel the need to use tiny stillwater blues for commie lumps.

I stand corrected , I think!

What about the Tackle box 11foot 0.75 t/c rod ...

Ditto or the Middy micro muscle 11' !

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Daiwa Harrier, I have one of these and it has never let me down, I have just picked up a Drennan Crystalite waggler with detachable butt and rated to 2.8lb main line and 1.8lb hooklength, I have not tried it out yet but will report on it when I do,another one to consider is an original Harrison gti spliced tip rod with the plastic sliding reel fittings, with care these will handle most decent sized fish if caught by accident, I had low double figure carp on mine,

The 11ft acolyte carp waggler would be my choice.
    I have an 11ft 6inch supero that is another great shorter waggler rod.

I’ve just set up a Daiwa 10’ Carp Match Pellet Waggler rod up with 5lb line to fish Drennan Puddle Chuckers for general waggler fishing where there are likely to be mixed species including decent tench and carp. If you google it they are on sale through eBay from Lanark for £22.99.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

They are good rods John, it was a toss up between that and the harrier, I only got the harrier because I already had
    the harrier feeder rod, but for the price you have paid for yours I will tell a couple of friends who are after a pellet waggler, how much was p+p ?

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    They are good rods John, it was a toss up between that and the harrier, I only got the harrier because I already had
    the harrier feeder rod, but for the price you have paid for yours I will tell a couple of friends who are after a pellet waggler, how much was p+p ?
    I didn’t get mine from there. I’ve had it over a year, I just put the sale price up after a quick Google.

Apologises for hijacking this thread, but like the OP, I too am looking for a nice soft action11ft waggler rod, something that will handle the odd 4lb plus carp but mainly 2 to 3lb tench, roach and crucians, I have an idea of what is available, but I don't want to influence posters views..... please let me know what you'd be looking to buy, budget is 200 quid..

Cheers
    Lyndon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast