Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How important are cupping kits?

If you can put the feed you want where you want then a cupping kit is of no use. I throw like a girl and couldn't hit the side of a barn from 3 feet away so I like to be able to pot in, I also like to pot in a tea spoon of feed every fish.

Quote Originally Posted by sagalout View Post
    If you can put the feed you want where you want then a cupping kit is of no use. I throw like a girl and couldn't hit the side of a barn from 3 feet away so I like to be able to pot in, I also like to pot in a tea spoon of feed every fish.
    I'm quite accurate with my throwing due to a love for cricket haha. I can understand the pinpoint accuracy of a cupping kit, or pot.

Balling in 10 balls by hand - say - and cupping in the same 10 balls can & will have very different effects on what you catch & when.

Blog Entries

Generally I feed through a small pot on my pole, early in the year.
    As soon as fish are active I fish up in the water right through until Novemberish. Feeding with my throwing sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Richox12 View Post
    Balling in 10 balls by hand - say - and cupping in the same 10 balls can & will have very different effects on what you catch & when.

In what way?

Different venues, different fish, different behaviour.

Where I fish if I wanted to fish the feeder at 30m at the start but prime a pole line I'd cup the feed on the pole line. If I balled it there the fish would have come straightaway, eaten & gone by the time I came off the feeder.

Also if I ball it I'd be plagued by bits (regardless of the gbait content & mix) but if I cup it I won't be as bothered and will get my bait to better fish more often. Same applies to loosefeed. Sometimes feed every chuck, twice or three times a chuck etc and others feed a lot in one go and fish it out.

Many species of fish come to noise. Sometimes it's right to ball/feed by hand but sometimes it's wrong. You just have to feel your way in and fish places regularly to work out what's best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12