Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No 8 lead shot.

Default No 8 lead shot.

Does anyone know a good source of lead shot size No 8 please?

Dicky.

Blog Entries

Default Re: No 8 lead shot.

Cant help with No 8 but I still have about 4lbs of lead BB shot.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

I asked that very question a year or so ago, because I found some brands far too hard and they kept coming off the line. The best ones I've tried since are a bit expensive but are softer and well-formed - Ballabeni. I got them online.

Just as a btw, for many occasions these days, I've gone over to Stotz for size 8 and below, whether for shotting near the hook or trimming a pole float bristle with 11's or 12's. I've found they go one easily, stay on and are easy to slide. Only problem is if you put one too many on it will be a real pain to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by nottskev View Post
    I've gone over to Stotz for size 8 and below, whether for shotting near the hook or trimming a pole float bristle with 11's or 12's. I've found they go one easily, stay on and are easy to slide. Only problem is if you put one too many on it will be a real pain to remove.
    Not with one of these...

leviapiombo - Google Search

Blog Entries

For many years I have used the Sensas green coated lead shot in sizes 8's and smaller.

Sensas Green Micro Lead Shot - Benwick Sports Angling Centre

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Not with one of these...

I have one of those and also the Stotta for adding and removing stotz, not tried the levapomb for stotz.
    I know I was using it wrong to remove shot, didn't realize you put the line between the grooves and the shot between jaws, I was trying to balance the line across the lower jaw while trying to get the shot groove facing up towards the point, I now do it the correct and easy way.
    as for shot try and source some zlt or ballenbini, amazon or ebay may be worth a look, or as most people now do is use stotz
    Last edited by markcw; 23-04-2018 at 15:41.

I've just discovered the relatively new Guru micro shot, plenty of praise for its softness and quality, anyone tried it?

Blog Entries

Yes, Stotz are better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Not with one of these...

Thanks. Here's Levapiombo - the movie. Will it really insert a sharp point into the split and never damage the line? I suppose it must work......

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    I have one of those and also the Stotta for adding and removing stotz, not tried the levapomb for stotz.
    I know I was using it wrong to remove shot, didn't realize you put the line between the grooves and the shot between jaws, I was trying to balance the line across the lower jaw while trying to get the shot groove facing up towards the point, I now do it the correct and easy way.
    I assume from the video when the shot is "pinged" it's for the bin and can't be used again?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast