Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Box vs Seat.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Box vs Seat.

You are up early Mike, If you go on copper beech, let me know how you go on, I have a match on there in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dicky123 View Post
    Neil, that picture is so evocative of our sport, very nice moment I'd guess. The landing net looks huge, maybe just a camera angle thing, or you could be after Jaws?

Rich.
    It's a medium specimen net with a "square" front end so the picture is a bit misleading. However, I tend to favour the bigger nets as the chub tend to be big with a good chance of a "6" and maybe more. Also a fair chance of a barbel, particularly that area. I've had them to 11lbs+ interrupting my chub sessions from that exact spot

The more observant might notice I'm facing upstream. This particularly chub, like most, was hooked way downstream but once I got it level with me it just decided to keep going. It eventually obliged by swimming straight back into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Neil, if you cant use it properly, I know a man who can...………… Me
    They are good poles, the beastmaster is one of the best margin poles on the market, and the Spectron is a brilliant pole and spares readily available if required.

I inherited all of Mick's fishing gear. A lifetime's worth and included all sorts of gear from brothers and sister. The pole gear was Mick's domain and he had a lot with several duplicates including another Beast Master and a couple of Tournament match poles purchased in the last year or two. I just selected the two above for my purposes and made sure all the other stuff went to some of his lifelong mates.

Re: Box vs Seat.
    You are up early Mike, If you go on copper beech, let me know how you go on, I have a match on there in 2 weeks.
    I was on the lake we both fished and on peg 14! See my post on hdygo! This peg was either the one you were on or the next!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Maidment View Post

I inherited all of Mick's fishing gear. A lifetime's worth and included all sorts of gear from brothers and sister. The pole gear was Mick's domain and he had a lot with several duplicates including another Beast Master and a couple of Tournament match poles purchased in the last year or two. I just selected the two above for my purposes and made sure all the other stuff went to some of his lifelong mates.
    the Speccy is an excellent choice. I’ve got the exceler which I understand is pretty much the same pole with different graphics.

If floatfishing on a river I prefer to be wading if I can (I hate being high above the water).
    I have a canal stool, which is basically the seat of my box with 1 tray and 4 legs.
    Or then my ASI box ... which is the prefect height for me.
    If i’M on the bank I prefer to be on the box, sometimes on a platform.
    Nothing with a back for me.

Although on my first National I just missed a medal, and fished the match sitting on the towpath of the Leeds-Liverpool, dangling my legs over the side. It was very clear and a high bank, so wanted to get off the skyline. Perhaps I should try it more often!

I just sold two bed-chair examples, and brought the Nufish suggested by another member on here. While it has not arrived yet, I honesty think it will be the dogs for me. It has all the advantages of a seat, with a good back rest, and storage of some small items. Very excited to be honest, it will be just for my trotting and short stay waggler lake trips in winter.

Rich.

Take a bow Markcw!! I remain undecided but temptation will have its way I have no doubt!!!

Blog Entries

there is not much difference between the Browning feeder chair and the Nufish one,
    I think the Browning has a footplate and side tray and weighs around 12kg.
    the Nufish one weighs 7kg,Both have adjustable backrests,
    The nufish packs down to 26cm in height and has underseat leg storage clips.
    Last edited by markcw; 15-06-2018 at 22:50.

there is not much difference between the Browning feeder chair and the Nufish one,
    I think the Browning has a footplate and side tray and weighs around 12kg.
    the Nufish one weighs 7kg,Both have adjustable backrests,
    The nufish packs down to 26cm in height and has underseat leg storage clips.
    Don't take the Browning weight too seriously. 12.3Kg is the net weight of the whole package, chair, side tray, footplate, the lot. Removing all the extraneous bits gets the weight down to less than 7Kg.

Blog Entries

I should have put that was the total weight of the package, A few tackle firms are doing the feeder chairs like the
    Nufish and Browning, the legs fit underneath for transportation on both boxes, I would presume the footplate on the Browning would have to be carried separately ,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast