Have river need some anglers for a match

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Waterbeach near Cambridge, Waterbeach AC have a great section of the River Cam and we want to hold a match on it but I'm told nobody wants to fish rivers.
Our section is full of bream and some magnificent rudd you know the ones that people are travelling miles to target.

We could probably accommodate 100 anglers

Anyone interested?

Your comments are alsdo welcomed.

theartist

Reaction score
Catching a big Rudd sounds good to me

Is your club website new Colin? As I can't seem to find any maps or descriptions of your river sections

Last edited:

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Catching a big Rudd sounds good to me

Is your club website new Colin? As I can't seem to find any maps or descriptions of your river sections

RECENTLY REVAMPED I used to run it but am considered out of touch so I no longer run it. Previously there were maps but they have disappeared?? I will point this out to the new hip webmaster LOL.
The Cam is a slow moving Fenland River meandering through the flat countryside with an abundance of wildlife and fauna. All the main coarse fish are present although in recent years it has become the number 1 UK venue for Rudd. Big shoals of bream plus big carp are also there.
I'll see if the maps are still available and ask to get them put back online.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I would love to but transport is an issue for me right now :(

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Open to any match anglers. Date still to be decided so watch this space. Much depends on how many are interested as to whether it goes ahead.
Thanks for the replies so far.

hague01

Reaction score
perhaps could rustle up a couple.I am in Essex so not far.