Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bread punch,

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bread punch,

Have a gander at this FM article that Keith Speer wrote regarding using bread, Keith was a bread wizard.

Give Bread a Go | FishingMagic

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wetthrough View Post
    It's the first time I've used Hovis Soft White thick, just finished the loaf. For punch it seems OK but for flake it's a bit thick on an 18s hook IMO.
    I was back on Warburtons medium sliced yesterday and don't like it for punch. I find the texture too course and was never sure it was still on the hook. It could just have been the particular slice I was using and unusually, it was fresh, they generally come out of the freezer if it makes a difference. I'll be back to the Hovis soft white thick next time out.

Blog Entries

Bread freezes OK, I don't use frozen bread for punch. I prefer fresh straight from the bag. No steaming or rolling.
    I buy a fresh loaf, take out what I need then leave the rest of the loaf at home.

Rayner produced a blog on fishing with punched bread! Well worth reading!

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I never use bread from the freezer for the hook, I think freezing may change the consistency of the bread,all I know is I tried it once and was unsure about it staying on the hook, I use it straight from the bag. The most I have used in one day is 9 pints of liquidized bread and a full large warbys toastie and part of a small warbys toastie, This was in a bread only match and the carp and tench decided they were hungry,

Blog Entries

Not sure whether freezing affects it or not but the most I ever use is one slice so fresh isn't really an option. The Hovis doesn't seem to suffer in as much as it stays on the hook OK after it's been frozen. I have some crumb in the freezer but don't think I can use it where I'm fishing at the moment.

I bought some Local dried bread on offer at my local Decathlon! I will give you some to try Gordon as wet bread!!!! Odd or what!!

This stuff!Attachment 5982
    Last edited by mikench; 15-11-2018 at 16:32.

Blog Entries

Thanks but what are you supposed to do with it? Hook it?

Yes ! You slice it, wet it and then hook it! It becomes wet bread! Amazing stuff although I have yet to catch anything with it! I will give you some to try Gordon! It stays on the hook or hair!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Yes ! You slice it, wet it and then hook it! It becomes wet bread! Amazing stuff although I have yet to catch anything with it! I will give you some to try Gordon! It stays on the hook or hair!!!
    Not got much hair left so anything's worth a try

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast