Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  9
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bread punch,

Default Re: Bread punch,

Have you tried a few dead rabbits! From a distance they look like hares!

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I think Sensas did something similar a few years ago regarding the dried bread, it was recommended it was cut with strong line because a knife could crumble it I think, Maybe someone on here can elaborate on this.

This is it!

Sensas Paindor Magic Bread - PS3.50

Strong mono cuts it like cheese wire!

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Here is a variation on using bread on hair rig/quickstop.. Use crumpets, they can be cut to a shape, and will absorb flavours. Pikelets ,and I don't mean small predators will do a similar job.

Blog Entries

I've been thinking of cooking up some Derbyshire Oatcakes and giving them a try. Anyone know if they float?

Sainsbury's sell Staffordshire oatcakes but, like crumpets, they are far too good for the fish!!!
    Last edited by mikench; 20-11-2018 at 08:58.

Blog Entries

Thanks Mike. Staff's are much the same thing. I'll pick some up next opportunity although looking at the weather they might not make it to the bank.

I've got you a block of the magic bread Gordon so will give it to you when next we meet!

Perhaps the fish in my venues (mostly roach) are not as fussy as some in other places as I've never found the need to microwave, or do anything else to a standard slice of bread, for that matter. I buy Warburton's medium and keep it in the freezer with the only 'must' being it is kept well wrapped at all times. Any exposure within the freezer will dry it out and this not ideal, although I have used when pushed.
    I take out a couple of slices, place it in a sealed bag and keep it well covered during the session and that's it. Any leftovers go towards the liccy...............

I am not a punch 'expert' by any means but I do catch well on the stuff, providing the liccy or slop is well prepared and the tackle set-up is sound. It's a very, very simple bait and a simple approach has usually produced results. I can appreciate matchmen and other regular users might find certain 'improvements' help when it gets tough, though.

Not to say other ways would produce even bigger and better bags, but why change a winning method...

ps I do use the (Jerry recommended) Drennan bread punches, various meat punches from time to time and they all produce fish, but I do have a preference for the standard punch and fine tackle fishing.
    Last edited by Tee-Cee; 05-12-2018 at 08:16.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234