Feeder rod

8ndy85

Reaction score
Evening all, im after some recommendations for a feeder rod to be used mainly on commercials. Looking to spend about £50-£60 but will spend a little bit more if need be.
Thanks

mikench

Reaction score
Browning commercial king bomb rod. See the entire range.

As a feeder and light Avon the Darent Valley 0.75 11’ rod takes some beating and gives you greater flexibility . I have both but would go for the DV for the reasons given. A fantastic rod for £44.

8ndy85

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I will have a look at them now
Browning commercial king bomb rod. See the entire range.

As a feeder and light Avon the Darent Valley 0.75 11’ rod takes some beating and gives you greater flexibility . I have both but would go for the DV for the reasons given. A fantastic rod for £44.

Borderline

Reaction score
Just to muddy the waters I have two Maver feeder rods, one a commercial combi which also allows float fishing and I have to say I am very happy with them and definitely in your price range.
Contrastingly my son swears by his Shimano feeder yet it doesn't ring my bell at all.

chrissh

Reaction score
The Darent Valley 11ft 1.25 Avon that I use for tench, bream, and carp. I have match it with a 4000 size reel and 6lb line which handle 10lb plus carp

The main thing to think about is the balance of the rod and reel

What weight feeder and braking strain line will you be using (will that rod cast that weight and line size) how far do you what or need to cast

Everyone will have a different view on rods look and see what reply’s you get then pick what you think will suit you for the answers then ask again before you buy one

John Keane

Reaction score
Daiwa do (or did) a 10 or 11ft carp feeder rod for around the £50 mark. I had the 10ft Pellet Waggler in the same range. I think this range has been superseded by the D Carp range which are cheaper at around £35. Can’t go far wrong with Daiwa, I love my Matchwinner Feeder but they’re around £150+

mikench

Reaction score
By the way the very best rod you can buy is the one you do which catches you fish in an enjoyable manner.

I could make a list a mile long of rods old and new which you might like. Your budget and likely use and my own experience make me stick with my original suggestions.

Check out The Tacklebox website and this forum using the search facility for Darent Valley rods . For the price they are utterly superb. There are a couple of current threads on them. Since I bought mine I have added at least 15 rods to my stable and all high end and at least 3 times the cost. I still have the DV and use it regularly. It never ever leaves my car and it’s as enjoyable to use for feeder fishing as any other.

When most budget rods are consigned to obscurity after you progress it hasn’t which says it all really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ndy85

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions, I popped into the tackle shop after work yesterday and had a play. Decided to go with the matrix ultra c and got it at a bargain price of £43 ?

Hertsbloke

Reaction score
I bought a Maver Reality 11 foot feeder ans use it all the time, I love it.

mikench

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Browning Silverlite Pro feeder rod? Being a traditionalist I prefer a cork handle to duplon so this looks a nicer rod( aesthetically speaking) to the Spheres.

hague01

Reaction score
Hi mike.
I have a lovely 3.90 silverlite pro feeder for sale

mikench

Reaction score
That's 13' in old money . I wanted the 12' really although both are 3 piece. Send me a PM with details if you would. I'm away at the moment .

hague01

Reaction score
Not sure what a pm is Mike as I am a little ancient.
I got it new maybe 15 months ago because I had an earlier 10' cc bomb which I felt the equal of my Hardy bomb.. Its a great rod , used maybe 5 times, for a total of 10 hours max. I also bought a 3.30( 11') which I have since sold.
I havent used it for a while as I joined a new club in April and bought a torrix 11'feeder made for me by peregrine with a spiced in tip which I felt more suited to the fish there. Feisty fish but a small water with short chucks.
I would recommend the cc silverlite to anyone.Brilliant rod which does all it says on the tin. Haven't used or had the 12' but if you go to the browning catalogue on line the, 3 rods are shown there. Not panicking to sell but its unlikely to be sued again so takes up space.Alec

hague01

Reaction score
Not sure what a pm is Mike as I am a little ancient.
I got it new maybe 15 months ago because I had an earlier 10' cc bomb which I felt the equal of my Hardy bomb.. Its a great rod , used maybe 5 times, for a total of 10 hours max. I also bought a 3.30( 11') which I have since sold.
I havent used it for a while as I joined a new club in April and bought a torrix 11'feeder made for me by peregrine with a spiced in tip which I felt more suited to the fish there. Feisty fish but a small water with short chucks.
I would recommend the cc silverlite to anyone.Brilliant rod which does all it says on the tin. Haven't used or had the 12' but if you go to the browning catalogue on line the, 3 rods are shown there. Not panicking to sell but its unlikely to be sued again so takes up space.Alec

mikench

Reaction score
Hi Alec, a pm is a private message and one is coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hague01

Reaction score
all a bit new to me. I still put coal in my appliances!
Just on rods, I have a new torrix 12 1.3/4 made again for me by peregrine. Titanium guides etc, cost a fortune and still haven't used it yet!Hope to soon tho

hague01

Reaction score
Hi Mike. getting into a muddle trying to find sent messages.I have, I thought, sent 2 to yuo effectively saying split the difference but I cant find them.Ho ho

mikench

Reaction score
You have Alec and I am happy to split the difference with you. I find that messages become unwieldy and strung out vertically on my iPad after the first couple so I sent you a fresh one.

Apologies for hijacking the op's original thread but it had run its course from his perspective and my latter posting has been on subject.

Last edited:

hague01

Reaction score
Not sure if it is me but sometimes takes an age to be able to reply.
Sounds as if you have an ideal arrangement.Its a long time since I was in Nice.
The rod is here, wont go anywhere so just let me know as and when you want it.
I have found F/M a massive help, really about rods which are my passion. On the reels I usually take 3 or 4 made up rods( of my 10, dont ask) when I go and change over mid session.I go out at 9'ish and get back by 4 so its an easy day. Anyway as a confirmed idiot I have a low boredom threshold.
I feel that if I had bought a pole as recommended I would have paid 3/4k and lost most of it.The same sum has given me enormous fun finding out if the manufacturers publicity is justified and I still have most, the losses I regard as the "hiring" fee. Told you I am an idiot, but it gives me pleasure.Sadly I think I am at the top of the tree with nowhere to go which is why i went over to custom made. Have a great time.Alec