Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Feeder rod

Default Feeder rod

Evening all, im after some recommendations for a feeder rod to be used mainly on commercials. Looking to spend about £50-£60 but will spend a little bit more if need be.
    Thanks

Default Re: Feeder rod

Browning commercial king bomb rod. See the entire range.

As a feeder and light Avon the Darent Valley 0.75 11’ rod takes some beating and gives you greater flexibility . I have both but would go for the DV for the reasons given. A fantastic rod for £44.

Thanks for the reply I will have a look at them now
    Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Browning commercial king bomb rod. See the entire range.

As a feeder and light Avon the Darent Valley 0.75 11’ rod takes some beating and gives you greater flexibility . I have both but would go for the DV for the reasons given. A fantastic rod for £44.

Just to muddy the waters I have two Maver feeder rods, one a commercial combi which also allows float fishing and I have to say I am very happy with them and definitely in your price range.
    Contrastingly my son swears by his Shimano feeder yet it doesn't ring my bell at all.

The Darent Valley 11ft 1.25 Avon that I use for tench, bream, and carp. I have match it with a 4000 size reel and 6lb line which handle 10lb plus carp

The main thing to think about is the balance of the rod and reel

What weight feeder and braking strain line will you be using (will that rod cast that weight and line size) how far do you what or need to cast

Everyone will have a different view on rods look and see what reply’s you get then pick what you think will suit you for the answers then ask again before you buy one
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Daiwa do (or did) a 10 or 11ft carp feeder rod for around the £50 mark. I had the 10ft Pellet Waggler in the same range. I think this range has been superseded by the D Carp range which are cheaper at around £35. Can’t go far wrong with Daiwa, I love my Matchwinner Feeder but they’re around £150+

By the way the very best rod you can buy is the one you do which catches you fish in an enjoyable manner.

I could make a list a mile long of rods old and new which you might like. Your budget and likely use and my own experience make me stick with my original suggestions.

Check out The Tacklebox website and this forum using the search facility for Darent Valley rods . For the price they are utterly superb. There are a couple of current threads on them. Since I bought mine I have added at least 15 rods to my stable and all high end and at least 3 times the cost. I still have the DV and use it regularly. It never ever leaves my car and it’s as enjoyable to use for feeder fishing as any other.

When most budget rods are consigned to obscurity after you progress it hasn’t which says it all really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your suggestions, I popped into the tackle shop after work yesterday and had a play. Decided to go with the matrix ultra c and got it at a bargain price of £43 😀