How to make Expander Pellets at Home!!!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I always have a handful of expanded and a preston pellet pump in my seatbox for times when I need them, they take a minimum amount of space up , An alternative to the PI pellet pump is a large syringe, cut the nozzle off short and it does the same job for a fraction of the price.

mikench

Reaction score
You won’t have any space once your written thesis on “ Poles and seat boxes” is in there.:rolleyes:

laguna

Reaction score
hairs/hares...bunnies... pellets.

Rabbit droppings anyone? Find the black wet ones for the hook if you can (cecotropes) not the pale grey ones. Rabbits and hares re-eat their own droppings for a reason - they are nutritious - and fish love them!

Oh, and don't worry if your bread goes mouldy, in my experience fish prefer it that way. "Bread and Blue Cheese Paste" being a case in point.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
hairs/hares...bunnies... pellets.

Rabbit droppings anyone? Find the black wet ones for the hook if you can (cecotropes) not the pale grey ones. Rabbits and hares re-eat their own droppings for a reason - they are nutritious - and fish love them!

Oh, and don't worry if your bread goes mouldy, in my experience fish prefer it that way. "Bread and Blue Cheese Paste" being a case in point.

And they are the best fertilizer for garden plant tubs,

seth49

Reaction score
Re: How to make Expander Pellets at Home!!!in

The reason hares and rabbits eat there own droppings, is because it’s there way of breaking down the cellulose in their diet.
They don’t have a rumen like cows,sheep, etc so it’s their way of dealing with it, the pellets after the first time through there digestive tract, are taken straight from there ****, and then pass through again to get the nutrients from them.

Needs must I suppose, doesn’t sound very appetising though does it.

Now what’s wrong with the word a n u s.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Re: How to make Expander Pellets at Home!!!in

I used to have 3 rabbits that had the run of the garden, they made part of it their "poo patch" . The grass there was always taller and seemed greener than other parts of the garden, I collected the pellets and put them in the plant tubs , worked better than miracle grow plant food.