Keith Culley Memorial Match

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Had text from Rik earlier, 11ish, he hadn't had a bite, very windy he said (probably his arse). Graham was still zimmering his way round!

F

Fred Bonney

Well organised Stuart,good turnout,thanks.
Next year can you arrange less rain and wind!

C

Coops

If I remember rightly there were only 7 carp, the odd tench and a few silver fish. Not the best of days fish wise, but very enjoyable. At least the breakfast and curry were good.

J

jason fisher

you see that's why i don't fish commercials, if you blank on a river at least you've got an excuse the fish have moved to another stretch.
whereas if you blank on a commercial like that one with so many fish in it you just look silly.

F

Fred Bonney

Long time no hear Mike,welcome back?
Jason,yep,no excuses though,for the moment.
Although,the baliff said, there had been so much cold rainwater in the res.that he didn't expect a good show!

scott essery

Reaction score
the bleeding fish were showing on the far bank! i saw the angler opposite me catch more than 12 carp :(

they simply didnt want to feed, end of story.

cant see hay that will make anyone look silly

J

jason fisher

alright then i'll rephrase it scott, if i'd have fished that water and blanked i would have felt silly.
i know what's in it i used to live in banbury.
doesn't mean you are silly though, everyone gets a blank once in a while but when you know it's wall to wall fish it's worse.

C

Coops

But it wasn't wall to wall fish Jason, at least not in our pegs. It was on the dam wall end, but we were not pegged there.

That's why I don't match fish very often. Who in their right mind will sit on a peg all day that you know you won't catch in?

If you are pleasure fishing you up sticks and move, or more likely you have picked the right area to start with given the conditions. We all knew where most of the fish were, but that was 200 yards away and out of reach of our designated pegs.

Nothing silly in blanking in those conditions. Would be if you blank with a hord of fish in front of you, but that wasn't the case.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

.....and even if you were at the Dam End Coops it was far from being easy to catch on Saturday.

T

Twainy

Stu Bullard and I were on the last two pegs of our match. It looked really promising apart from the bloody rain.
The fish were topping regularly, I could see them as I walked away from them towards my peg!
You could draw an imaginary line across the lake where the fish stopped topping.
Stu and I tried every method and bait going but we never got a touch.
I am really grateful to Stuart for all the work he's done arranging the match.
Its a pity that the venue is so peggy. Apparently its similar when its fishing well.
Having said that, I still think it was better than work at any time!

M

MALC DOYLE

Sorry it's taken so long to post since the match but i've now moved to South Wales and only just got back on line.

Great write up for the day and the trophy looks great on the cabinet.

Although it fished hard it was a very enjoyable day and look forward to trying to get my name back on the trophy next year.