Fairly new to this forum lark

EXPATRIATE

Reaction score
Hello there. Started coarse fishing in the states many years ago. Introduced to a fly rod in 1955 by a late and dear friend long gone on to Angler's heaven where the trout are always taking, but didn't fly fish for my first trout till 1968 and I was hooked. Had a long break from all fishing from 1979-2007, but went back to it in a big way and now I've retired I have the time to devote to it, but no way of getting out to do it. I DON'T DRIVE! My wife does, but is disabled and finds it uncomfortable to even drive me to local waters to fish so I'm hoping a generous forumite who might like a fishing partner from time to time to help an old man out? I have all the gear and tie my own flies and promise not to bore you too much! My main love is fly fishing, but I don't mind coarse fishing and would love to take up saltwater fly fishing. If any one is willing to help please send me a personal message and we can work somehing out? I live in Altrincham, Cheshire (South Manchester area). Tight Lines. Thanks for the suggestion Matthew Barter

Last edited:

quickcedo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Not sure I'm the one you are looking for, sadly a drive to Manchester from Oxford is a bit far. Even for me:)
I'm sure someone on here will be in touch.

matthew barter

Reaction score
Good luck, unfortunately I live in Norfolk. If I might suggest it might be prudent to ask people to PM you rather than send you an e-mail. There might be some juvenile idiot who blocks up your in box. You can edit your post and take your e-mail if you want. I know it shouldn't happen but some people find the most stupid things funny.
Hope you find someone, if people can help they often do, so good luck.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hifly, Im sure a few of us can accomodate you in the very near future, give me two weeks got a lot on at moment, i assume you can do weekdays