Good Fishing Tackle Catalogue??

tink

Reaction score
Good evening.

Could someone point me in the right direction of a good fishing tackle catalogue? For my carp fishing i use the excellent Tackle Box but i want a catalogue which covers the other aspects of fishing apart from carp and just sells all the general stuff.

Any help appreciated!

Paul. :thumbs:

beerweasel

Reaction score
I would have thought that catalogues are not needed as everything is available on the interweb.
But lets not forget to support our local tackle shops, who are under threat the same way your local shops
are being killed by f****** tescos.
I only use the net for buying unusual items such as Diamante tipped Avons (yes they exist :eek:).

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've not seen a catalogue like the Tackle Box one from any other shop for many years. All I can think of that is comparable are manufacturers catalogues. Occasionally you can pick up glorified printed flyers from the bigger mail order shops such as Chapmans and the now defunct Bennetts of Sheffield.

tink

Reaction score
Cheers for all the replies. :thumbs:

I do use my local tackle shop and have spent many hundreds of pounds there and will continue to do so! I also buy off the internet. But i like a 'physical copy' of something to look at to see whats new etc.

Staring at a computer screen all the time does my head in! lol.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
If you go onto the Daiwa website you can order a 2011 catalogue. It covers every aspect of coarse fishing tackle from match reels to sunglasses to rucksacks to seat boxes.
You may not buy Daiwa but it does show what is generally available and its a good read, especially if its hissing down and you want to pass an hour thinking of better weather.............
I'm sure other major tackle suppliers like Shakespeare etc do similar..

good luck!!

ps perhaps you need to decide what price range you're in and then decide what catalogues are appropriate. No point in looking at Hardy if you can only afford Shakespeare, if you get my drift..

Last edited: