river fishing staffordshire

one_ more_ cast

Reaction score
Hi everyone

this is my very first post and i would like to know if anyone knows of any decent river stretches around the staffordshire/chesire areas that are available on a day ticket or even free??

also i shall hopefully be joining burton mutual angling club in april so if anyone can give me an opinion as to the quality of this club it will be very welcome.

any replies will be much appreciated!

Steve Hurst

Reaction score
Hi everyone

this is my very first post and i would like to know if anyone knows of any decent river stretches around the staffordshire/chesire areas that are available on a day ticket or even free??

also i shall hopefully be joining burton mutual angling club in april so if anyone can give me an opinion as to the quality of this club it will be very welcome.

any replies will be much appreciated!

Hi mate,

I'm from Stoke and also joining BM this coming season.

I do a lot of fishing on the Dove, from trotting for grayling to barbel bashing down Tutbury way and once you start fishing The Dove it gets under your skin like no other river. Not an easy river to fish but a nice challenge.

Don't dismiss the Trent in urban Stoke...lots of chub, lots of trout believe it or not.

Tight lines mate!

one_ more_ cast

Reaction score
hi steve

thanks for the reply!

i know what u mean about the dove mate, iv been fishing the sotas stretches for the last few years with good results but looking forward to trying some new areas!

is the trent still free in stone??

tightlines too mate.

Steve Hurst

Reaction score
hi steve

thanks for the reply!

i know what u mean about the dove mate, iv been fishing the sotas stretches for the last few years with good results but looking forward to trying some new areas!

is the trent still free in stone??

tightlines too mate.

I think they might charge £3 a day by the canoe club mate.

I haven't fished scropton yet despite having a Derby Railway card for a few seasons.

valleybrown

Reaction score
Dove everytime, however, I'd echo the comments above, it is highly addictive and gets under your skin :rolleyes:

I'd never considered the Trent in Stoke on Trent. Any particular stretches recommended?
Also, interested in the “free” stretch in Stone. Do you mean it’s free as in cash wise or free of fish :eek: