Which pellets?

jake182

Reaction score
Yeah will do, you to

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

conditor

Reaction score
Went Sunday couldn't get a bite on pellet ,switched to chop worm and caster ended up with 6bream 3 carp and a tench ,no one else could get a bite ,

Just shows you ,one day pellets only next day they won't touch them

laguna

Reaction score
Went Sunday couldn't get a bite on pellet ,switched to chop worm and caster ended up with 6bream 3 carp and a tench ,no one else could get a bite ,

Just shows you ,one day pellets only next day they won't touch them

Just keep changing the hookbait, no one bait is species specific.
NB. even if there were such a thing, you will still need to keep changing it...

jake182

Reaction score
Red krill pellets, had two in two hours and lost one in the weeds, I was stoked with then, about bloody time

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

nanuvete.jpg

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
If you're returning to fishing following a long break don't be suckered into thinking that fish only eat this or that flavoured with product xy or z.
The anglers that were bagging up on pellets could very well blank the next day on exactly the same tactics.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

jake182

Reaction score
But you won't know until you try it

Last edited:

derwentbob

Reaction score
I am new to pellet fishing, the waters I usually fish are generally maggot or corn but I am keen to take my dad down to the local commercial for a bit of easy access fishing (level banks, short walks etc.). The bloke at the fishery suggested pellets as a best all round hookbait so I went and bought a pack of bands and some bog standard £2.50 a bag 6mm hard pellets. After talking to a guy in the post office I tried soaking these in strong gelatine for twenty minutes and then leaving overnight in the fridge, no expanders (whatever they are) and no bait pump (I think I know what that is but I don't have one). Hooked on a 16 wide gape I managed to cast them five or six times each retrieving over grass each time. They seem to be OK, did I just get lucky or am I missing something?

greenie62

Reaction score
I managed to cast them five or six times each retrieving over grass each time.

:) What were you after? - Grass Carp? :rolleyes::D

P.S. Why soak Hard Pellets in gelatine? - they usually work OK with just a pellet band - I'm not sure how the gelatine would help unless its flavoured with something more attractive than the pellets were. :confused:

derwentbob

Reaction score
I have no idea, the chap in the PO said that was what he usually did at that particular fishery. As I say I haven't used pellets before so I have no idea of the merits of hard vs soft, banded vs hooked.

sagalout

Reaction score
The gelatine is usually used on expanders to make "jelly" pellets, hard pellets are normally banded, I don't think there is any merit in using gelatine on hard pellets.