DAIWA Black widow/emcast for float fishing?

Reaction score
Would using a reel such as the above cause any issues for FLOAT fishing, I'm looking to mainly ledger with the above reel, would it work with a float rod or do you need a specific float reel?

Reason being I am getting the above rod and reel combo and have a spare float rod. Would combining the two cause any problems or have any drawbacks?

Many thanks,

Jamie

dangermouse

Reaction score
I`m not really sure how big the reel is. As long as it`s not massive I can`t see it causing any major problems. I use the same reel model on my Black Widow as I use on my float rod.

Try it and see is probably the best idea, the proof of the pudding and all that... :)

sam vimes

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, the Emcast is a big pit reel. If that's the case, it'll be totally unsuited to putting on a float rod.

Reaction score
Hi mate, basically I'm looking for a reel for ledgering mainly that's versatile enough to stick on a float. I wasn't sure if this was possible, it's just I'm on a limited budget.

Many thanks,

J

sam vimes

Reaction score
Hi mate, basically I'm looking for a reel for ledgering mainly that's versatile enough to stick on a float.

Yes, of course it's possible. I have no issue whatsoever in swapping 3000/4000 sized reels between float and ledgering duties. Depending on what exactly you are trying to do, you may want to use different types and breaking strains of line though.

alona123

Reaction score
Cheers guys that's really helpful I appreciate it!

I've spoiled a few times and it looks great sitting well on the spool. However, after a few casts, loops and unevenness in the line bobble up. They tend to be deep into the line is there anything I'm doing or could do to prevent this?

Apologies for the shed load of questions

Cheers,:eek::D:w