Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Uploading Photos

I've been trying to upload a few photos from my phone and it just keeps saying they are too big. I then tried uploading with a link from dropbox but then all I ended up with in my gallery was a load of thumbnail icons?

Is there a site I can scale down my images, as such, so that the file size is correct and I can successfully upload images to my gallery?

Default Re: Uploading Photos

Quote Originally Posted by cal_sutt View Post
    I've been trying to upload a few photos from my phone and it just keeps saying they are too big. I then tried uploading with a link from dropbox but then all I ended up with in my gallery was a load of thumbnail icons?

Is there a site I can scale down my images, as such, so that the file size is correct and I can successfully upload images to my gallery?

I gave up yonks ago, if I cant cut&paste I keep my pics to myself

Quote Originally Posted by mick b View Post
    I gave up yonks ago, if I cant cut&paste I keep my pics to myself
    I've managed to upload photos from my phone to dropbox, then add them into threads/posts using the insert image and the URL of the original image. I'm just gonna give up with the gallery, it's not happening

Use a picture hosting site, such as picturetrail, photobucket etc etc.

Sam,
    From what I read, if a pic is loaded onto those sites they become open access to anyone on t he 'net, Id prefer to keep mine for those members of the forum.

Yes I know they can still be accessed, but I don't like the unrestricted part of it.

Q: That fish got a problem or you trying to put a finger up its jacksy

I can't do it either! Doh!
    Last edited by peter crabtree; 24-06-2014 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by mick b View Post
    Sam,
    From what I read, if a pic is loaded onto those sites they become open access to anyone on t he 'net, Id prefer to keep mine for those members of the forum.

Yes I know they can still be accessed, but I don't like the unrestricted part of it.

Q: That fish got a problem or you trying to put a finger up its jacksy

They don't become open access unless you post them to the web, usually via forums. Posting them on a forum, even if not from a hosting site, renders them equally open access. It really makes no practical difference. Would I post somehow sensitive or commercially valuable pictures via a hosting site? No. Would I post them to a forum? No.

I'd need bloody long fingers to get them up its jacksy from the position my hands are in. You do have a vivid, and slightly paranoid, imagination.
    Last edited by sam vimes; 24-06-2014 at 09:16.

Cheers Sam,

I will give it a go......

Paranoid, no I don't suffer from them

These hosting sites are pretty much open access for the world to see, not all forums allow pictures to be viewed by the world, there is a forum I visit that if you are not signed in then all pictures and some other features are hidden. You can read the posts but any pictures merely show the file name and you can upload your pictures direct from your PC. Perhaps this is something that could be done here if members wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperdrive View Post
    These hosting sites are pretty much open access for the world to see, not all forums allow pictures to be viewed by the world, there is a forum I visit that if you are not signed in then all pictures and some other features are hidden. You can read the posts but any pictures merely show the file name and you can upload your pictures direct from your PC. Perhaps this is something that could be done here if members wanted it.
    Try to find a specific photo on a hosting site without the owner posting a link! It's nigh on impossible. Besides, who in their right mind would put something on a hosting site, or a forum for that matter, that they would prefer to keep hidden? I can kind of understand the concern, but if you think about it, it's pointless. Only use the hosting sites for stuff you'd post on a forum and you've got little to worry about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast