Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Nash Chairs

Default Nash Chairs

Being a fine strapping specimen of manhood I am considering getting a Nash Indulgence Big Daddy chair but can't find a max weight load. Anyone have experience of these chairs or knowledge of the max load figures?

or advice on similar chairs for the more strapping (with extra padding) figure.

cheers john

binka Guest

Default Re: Nash Chairs

Not sure on what to recommend I'm afraid but one thing to watch on the Nash chairs are those plastic (or nylon?) collars that join the adjustable legs to the main frame... They bend under load when the legs are extended!

This will in turn make the chair very difficult to adjust the legs.

It's happened on both Indulgence Nomads that I've owned in the past and is a problem on the Peg One I still have but I refuse to buy another while ever they are using these collars, they're just a silly weak point imo.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

My mate the legendary "Big Phil" has one of they Big Daddies and he's a fairly hefty Specimen . Most comfortable chair he says he's ever had but it's a heavy one. Dunno about max loading but you'd have thought there was a clue in the name. These are not for boys !

I have had one for a couple of years. I am 16+ stone. It is very comfortable.
    Never had trouble with any joints or adjustments. It comes with sleeves to insulate the cold to touch metal arms in winter.

However...it weighs a ton. I only use it when I am close to the car.
    It was bought for those times when the old back plays up and there is need for indulgence as the name says.It is un der these circumstances I pick my venue to suit the close proximity to my car.

A stalking chair it is not

Blog Entries

Eve the ash website doesn't specify the max weight for the chair for the obvious reasons as they are wide open to legal action if the max weight is not 100% accurate.

The Indulgence Daddy comes with arm rests, and a different spec' of upholstery, while the standard one does not.

Nash Tackle - Carp Fishing Tackle - Indulgence Recliner

Nash Tackle - Carp Fishing Tackle - Indulgence Big Daddy Camo

There is also about a £50 price difference between the two.

Hope this helps.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Please keep in mind that Binka can freak up anything that the human mind can devise.

I have been accused of being a salad dodger been as high as 19 stone but I am now a sylph like 16. I like the nash indulgence chairs and have not had a problem that wasn't fair wear and tear over a number of years.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Just a thought. Try looking on YouTube. I recall seeing a vid on there of somebody field testing a bedchair designed for rhinos. Due respect to the star of the vid but he was the size of one of Jupiters moons and the bedchair got a right good working over as a result. It survived.

Yeah, I have seen that youtube video of the bedchair,

Being 20 stone, max loading has to be a consideration and being honest with myself I am only likely to be fishing commercials for some time to come so chair weight is a minor consideration.

cheers for the advice though guys.

john