Photos. And PM's.

nottskev

Reaction score
Hi. This doesn't have to be read. But it had to be written. If the answers are somewhere on the site and I've failed to find them, sorry for asking the questions. Most people, and I'd be one of them, probably won't get to the end of this post. But there might be someone out there who has been waiting for a chance to show their mastery...

1 I can upload pics to an album. But what's the difference between a private and public album, and is this connected to

2 If I try to attach a pic to a post and I click on the “Insert” photo box on the bottom right, a box pops up with ONE of my photo albums, but if I click on it instead of opening or allowing me some way to select, it puts a link to the cover picture on the post, so I'd be posting the same pic each time and

3 If I instead click on the “Inset image” envelope icon above the box, I can go to the album, get the url and copy it into the space as requested, but then sometimes it adds a photo to a post, sometimes a link, and last time, on a pm, added nothing.

4 If I click on the camera icon above which promises to let me select from uploaded photos, I get the same as in 2

and finally, if there is anyone still there,

5 If I end PM's, and later check the “sent” box, (maybe to remind myself what I said) it tells me the contents is 0 even though I have sent a dozen. And if I click “reply” to a PM received, everything goes weird and I find I have to go to a post by the intended recipient, click on their name, select “Send pm” from the drop-down and go that way... a bit of a performance.

If anyone can tell me the easy, foolproof way to add photos to posts and manage PM's, I'd be impressed and grateful.

thecrow

Reaction score
I used photobucket to put pictures on here until I started to have trouble with it so I now use postimage (google it) its really easy to use, as for your PMs I haven't a clue as I rarely if ever check my sent box, the problem you have with replying to a PM is beyond my limited knowledhe but I'm sure someone will be along with a solution.

B

binka

Kev,

I'm not 100% but I think a private album is one where, when you create it, you tick a box limiting the album to people on your friends list and by not checking the box it is available to anyone who views your profile.

With the pm's and not having any sent copies, have you checked the tick box below the message box when you send a pm, asking it to save a copy to your sent folder...

The image upload via your own FM albums has always been a bit hit 'n miss and I never fathomed it, I reckon there are too many variations on people's operating systems to provide a definitive answer but I did post a step by step guide to using Photobucket which helped a few people out.

If you want to try that route just let me know and I will see if I can find a link to the thread for you :)

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
Thanks, both, for the suggestions. Yes indeed, that would be a big help- though I haven't caught anything as photogenic as those perch :)

nottskev

Reaction score
Brilliant. I'll study it. Then try to catch something worth photographing :) It was too cold for me in that wind today!

Thanks, mate.

mikench

Reaction score
I follow Binka's instructions Kev and successfully so and was about to look for a link to his instructions when I realised he had beaten me to it. He is like that! Not just an ace angler, photographer and ideal home designer :rolleyes:

cb

Admin
Reaction score
5 If I end PM's, and later check the “sent” box, (maybe to remind myself what I said) it tells me the contents is 0 even though I have sent a dozen. And if I click “reply” to a PM received, everything goes weird and I find I have to go to a post by the intended recipient, click on their name, select “Send pm” from the drop-down and go that way... a bit of a performance.

Most settings can be found in your usercp (second toolbar)

https://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

I told the system to store sent pm's for you :)

We are changing the way we do images next week. Big change!