fishing on the pole, rig types etc

manxnorton

Reaction score
hi all,
a quick question as my brain is on overload..:eek:mg:
I see a lot of float rigs getting used, and I looked at the method feeder.
can you explain other types of terminal tackle to use on the pole, and why?
just confused..hope my question is plane enough?
thank you
Brian

sagalout

Reaction score
Not sure that I do understand the question. You can fish anything you like of the end of your pole. In normal conversation I always think of a pole rig as line, float, hook and shot but as I said, whatever you what to dangle of the end is up to you.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Oh yeah, is the name a wish or do you actually have one [green with envy smilie]

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Brian,

Basically the main two types of pole float are:

1. Still water floats that have a larger cross section at the bottom of the body of the float, and

2. River floats that have a "shoulder" at the top of the body which enable you to hold back easier.

The other type is the symmetrical body that are best used for shy biting roach and dace etc.

manxnorton

Reaction score
You can fish anything you like of the end of your pole.

mate,
you answered perfectly lol
think I was getting confused at time n time again think float rigs are way to go...then stubled on a bloke using a method feeder!
then I was confused.
tried to look on any other methods for the pole, but kept getting float this,float that..
proberly not doing the question on google right...
ive got my old carp tackle box and ill look at the rigs etc. things like ledger, chod, stiff etc.
but now looking the pole...how big itll be...what elastics ill need...main line..hook lengh..hook size etc etc to balance it all.
thank you
brian

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 ----------

Brian,

Basically the main two types of pole float are:

1. Still water floats that have a larger cross section at the bottom of the body of the float, and

2. River floats that have a "shoulder" at the top of the body which enable you to hold back easier.

The other type is the symmetrical body that are best used for shy biting roach and dace etc.

thx pal.
hope eventually I was clearer..:confused: stuggle with my coms:eek:mg:
bri