Two clutches on a reel?

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I bought this reel when it was on offer at Fishing Republic for the grand sum of £5.17 delivered!
Lineaeffe TS Free Energy Reel – Chapmans Angling

It has what appears to be an adjustable drag on the front, one on the back and of course I know what the free runner is.

Now for the daft question: are the two apparent clutches a matter of choice, i.e. use front or back, or are they something entirely separate from one another?

Cheers, Lol

chrissh

Reaction score
The front clutch is for the adjustment of the spool and the rear one is for the free spool adjustment when used as a baitrunner

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The rear one is not a drag. It simply adjusts the tension of the " freespool/baitrunner) when the reel is in free spool mode ie how easily the reel gives line.As soon as you put the reel in gear ( by disengaging the free spool) the front drag takes over.

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah, makes sense when you explain it! We were poor in my day, never had such fancy things as bait runners :)

Cheers, Lol

john step

Reaction score
If it was the reel on your highlighted attachment you got a bargain. It shows £29.99 as the discounted price.:eek:mg:

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If it was the reel on your highlighted attachment you got a bargain. It shows £29.99 as the discounted price.:eek:mg:

Yes it''s that one. I got a smaller reel 4000 series for the lad at £4 and I missed out on an Okuma 6000 series for the lad as well at £1.70 ish! They took my money and did the old "sorry it's out of stock" routine.