Brolly for Avon Quiver

waldi

Reaction score
Hi there.

Can anyone help with a brolly that fits a Drennan 2 rod quiver?

There is nowhere here that stocks any and I have absolutely no idea about dimensions. I Need to buy blind over the net so would appreciate any help.

Cost is not an issue and it will be used primarily as protection against the sun (gets hot here)

Would also be nice if it had enough room underneath to take a bivvy bag for any overnighters but not really essential.

Thanks Jon.

john step

Reaction score
I should think that any standard brolly would fit if it has a brolly pocket. Any 50inch brolly would roll up tight as any other. The only difference I imagine would be in the length of the spike part. If its too long it could be taken out and put in the bankstick section or simply poke out the top?

mikench

Reaction score
Have a look at day shelters! Korum do one that would serve both purposes! There are others . If you have a quiver containing rods etc over your shoulder and a chair in one hand a brolly like the Trakker tempest or equivalent can be carried in the other or be towed by your Bernese!

The Preston brolly is uv resistant but would fill a quiver! What about a brolly hat?

Last edited:

waldi

Reaction score
Does this look like it wants to tow anything:

IMG_0508[1].jpg

The korum brolly looks Pretty good.

Thanks.

mikench

Reaction score
It took a while to decide it was a dog! Korum gear is good! Check the weights.

mikench

Reaction score
Re: Brolly for Drennan Quiver

I've never seen it but would prefer, for the sake of 1lb, the Korum which is made of graphite and to a good quality.

waldi

Reaction score

I've never seen it but would prefer, for the sake of 1lb, the Korum which is made of graphite and to a good quality.

I actually ordered the Korum graphite in the end and receieved it yesterday. was really disappointed when I unpacked it from the box, seemed really heavy.

My dissapointment did,nt last long though. The extra weight was due to the 3 (apparent) good quality heavy duty screw pegs in the bag.

The brolly also has a tie down point on the top/centre plus 3 anchor points around the edge. Can't recall seeing this on the web site.

very happy overall. Seems a good bit of kit

Jon.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score

Great! I hope it gives you years of good service and protection from the elements! A brolly can be really useful to shield you from the wind even if it isn't raining.

John Keane

Reaction score

I’ve got the Korum Fibreglass, had it donkey’s years, heavy, but good. My mate has a MAP one that’s quite squarish and light as a feather and rolls up slim but you can’t get them anymore.