Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default new whip tip split ?

new whip tip split ?-thumbnail_img_20190716_181433.jpg

Just a quick one , got my brand new whip today , unpackaged it ,extended it out and noticed the tip is as above,i could tear it off like a cheese string ,probably runs half way down.Do i send this back or will it make little to no difference?
    Its a 0.36mm tip if it makes a difference ?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: new whip tip split ?

I think I would send it straight back if it were me.

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Obviously the tip is now weakened, to what extent is unknown, get in touch with the supplier and see what they agree to do.

What a shame, what make is it and where did you buy it?
    Last edited by s63; 16-07-2019 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Obviously the tip is now weakened, to what extent is unknown, get in touch with the supplier and see what they agree to do.

What a shame, what make is it and where did you buy it?
    Yes have done now.
    Its a Preston Innovations Absoloute Whip 4.5m from Benwick Sports Angling as reccomended by yourself if i remember correctly.
    Hopefully customer service is on point and they can either exchange the whole whip or just send out a new tip without it being a hassle.
    Last edited by kimura88; 16-07-2019 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by kimura88 View Post
    Yes have done now.
    Its a Preston Innovations Absoloute Whip 4.5m from Benwick Sports Angling as reccomended by yourself if i remember correctly.
    Hopefully customer service is on point and they can either exchange the whole whip or just send out a new tip without it being a hassle.

ooooh they look good !
    might get one myself

Quote Originally Posted by bennygesserit View Post
    ooooh they look good !
    might get one myself
    I havent fished for probaly 15 years so i probably couldnt tell you a good piece of tackle from a bad piece probably ,But i was shocked by how light it was and sensitive it felt. Until i saw the piece hanging off and face palmed

Quote Originally Posted by kimura88 View Post
    Yes have done now.
    Yes that was my reccomendation, I have that very whip. Playing a fish these tips are incredibly robust but they are also easy to splinter, very typical of carbon, even with F1 cars. I damaged one of mine just like yours when putting on a tight fitting piece of silicone tubing, I’ve since learnt to put a bit of lubricating spit in the tubing beforehand.

I’ve used Benwick many times and would be surprised if you don’t get a first class service.

I now keep a few spare generic tips which can be bought here.

Carbon & Glass tip sections - Carbon & Glass tip sections - Misc

I have saved this site and will measure my Shakey Sigma Wand to see if I can get a tip I can fit. Thanks.

The supplier will replace that under warranty but in my experience PI are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Yes that was my reccomendation, I have that very whip. Playing a fish these tips are incredibly robust but they are also easy to splinter, very typical of carbon, even with F1 cars. I damaged one of mine just like yours when putting on a tight fitting piece of silicone tubing, I’ve since learnt to put a bit of lubricating spit in the tubing beforehand.

I’ve used Benwick many times and would be surprised if you don’t get a first class service.

I now keep a few spare generic tips which can be bought here.

Carbon & Glass tip sections - Carbon & Glass tip sections - Misc
    Yes, contacted last night and they've replied today and sending me out a new tip so seem fair enough to me.

Any idea what size fish it could handle obviously depending on line etc? Or what have you personally had?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast