Wading question

cv01jw

Reaction score
Afternoon all

I plan to have a go a trotting in the next couple of months and note a lot of online guides suggest wading into the river can help a lot as the line etc is straight. I know the river I will be fishing quite well (through work with the Environment Agency) and am comfortable with the safety aspects of wading, but one thing I am not sure of is permission to fish when wading.

The stretch of river in question (Dorset Stour in Blandford), has a free section on one bank and a controlled section (Ringwood AS) on the other. Do I need permission to wade from the free bank here? Do I stay on the free 'half' of the river?

Thanks in advance.

James

chrissh

Reaction score
Afternoon all

I plan to have a go a trotting in the next couple of months and note a lot of online guides suggest wading into the river can help a lot as the line etc is straight. I know the river I will be fishing quite well (through work with the Environment Agency) and am comfortable with the safety aspects of wading, but one thing I am not sure of is permission to fish when wading.

The stretch of river in question (Dorset Stour in Blandford), has a free section on one bank and a controlled section (Ringwood AS) on the other. Do I need permission to wade from the free bank here? Do I stay on the free 'half' of the river?

Thanks in advance.

James

I would contact Ringwood AS and ask them for the corect answers
You say that you plan to go in the next couple of months the river are closed from 15 March to midnight 15 June.