Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Probably. If you have another person present you could hold the h@ndle end of the rod and ask the other person to hold the other part and gently apply a turning and pulling motion in opposite directions ie you turn your end clockwise and your colleague turns anti-clockwise. I stress the need to do it gently and gradually to separate the 2 sections.

It shouldn’t be like that though.
    Eureka. Got the wife to help me and Bobs your uncle it has come out. Thanks very much for your suggestion it was spot on. Thanks to all the other members as well.

2. Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Probably. If you have another person present you could hold the h@ndle end of the rod and ask the other person to hold the other part and gently apply a turning and pulling motion in opposite directions ie you turn your end clockwise and your colleague turns anti-clockwise. I stress the need to do it gently and gradually to separate the 2 sections.

It shouldn’t be like that though.
    Thanks Mike. Got the wife to help me and Bobs your uncle it has come out. Thanks to all other members for their help.

3. Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

Thanks everyone. The pull and twist suggestion did the trick. problem solved

Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

Glad to hear it

5. Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

Thanks Ian. As you have one of these rods any suggestions for a balanced reel to go with it?

I would say something like a Diawa Ninja 2500 or a Shimano equivalent , 2500 or 3000 . I use mine mainly for perch fishing in slacker water , down the side in the Severn . At 10 foot it's also handy for tip fishing canals . You'll find it very sensitive for bite detection but it's fairly strong , I've caught decent perch on mine and my mate has had chub to 5 lb on his.

I have 2 of the original 10ft and 11ft 6" used them for my small stream fishing and feeder fishing on commercial match lakes. Excellent rods and a lot strong then you expect the to be. Certainly handled match size carp to around 10lbs.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black kite View Post
    Thanks Mike. Got the wife to help me and Bobs your uncle it has come out. Thanks to all other members for their help.
    I was going to suggest using one of those non slip dash mats, I use one for Crystalite.
    Last edited by markcw; 07-04-2020 at 19:06.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black kite View Post
    Thanks everyone. The pull and twist suggestion did the trick. problem solved
    I had to read it twice, I thought it was an advert for xhamster

For gawd sake don't twist! Or - if you must, do it very gently!
    The carbon-fibres lie next to each other along the length of the rod and are bound with a resin. If you twist you risk moving the fibes compared to those around them with the danger that they will de-laminate. The result will be a horrible crunching noise followed by a broken section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12