Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

I have just acquired a Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod but I can’t work out how to add the extension.There is nothing I can find on the internet and I am a bit frightened of breaking the rod. I have a feeling the handle comes off somehow. Any help please?

Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

I really don't know but if the extension is a dolly butt, the bottom of the rod will have a removable end cap. Remove it and insert the extension piece.

The extension goes into the top of the handle.

Blog Entries

It looks like the extension fits directly into the cork butt section See pics on the Drennan site see below

Ultralight Bomb & Feeder Rod 10ft to 11ft | Drennan International

(See image 8 of 12 on the right)

Oops! sorry peter we must have posted at the same time.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 06-04-2020 at 13:51.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

5. Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    I have pulled and twisted at the top of the handle but there is nothing moving.

The extension definitely goes in just above the top of the handle. Is the rod new or used?

I have this rod it has two dolly sections , neither have any rod eyes on them , the 11 foot is longer than the 10 ft one obviously , they both just fit into the handle . The fit is a bit tight and I recall when I first got the rod I scratched my head for a bit , luckily my mate also had one.

8. Default Re: Drennan 10/11ft bomb rod

The 10ft first section will not pull out of the handle to allow me to replace the 11 ft first section . This rod is new and I don’t want to break it.I have tried loosening off the reel adjustment to move the handle up the rod. It is solid. perhaps I should contact the supplier.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post

Probably. If you have another person present you could hold the h@ndle end of the rod and ask the other person to hold the other part and gently apply a turning and pulling motion in opposite directions ie you turn your end clockwise and your colleague turns anti-clockwise. I stress the need to do it gently and gradually to separate the 2 sections.

It shouldn’t be like that though.

Black Kite , I think Mike's suggestion is the way forward . The 10 foot dolly does come out but they are a tight fit and I can understand your reluctance to be to heavy handed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast