Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pellet pump

1. Default pellet pump

hello,ive got loads of dry pellets and thought about getting a pellet pump,might be a daft question but how do they work and are they worth it ? the fishery i go to only let you use there own mix of dry pellet wich float.
    AM I REALLY THAT UGLY

pellet pumps - half fill with pellets and cover with wateror flavoured liquid and the pumpaction forces waterin to the pellets and air out so floating pellets sink

It's a good way to do this - the other way is to soak pellets in water until they sink

Pellets pumps do the job in about a minutes - keeps goign until all the pellets sink -some will not first time -

And yet they do work
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

3. Default

thanks lord paul sir,looks like getting one then.any you recomend ?
    AM I REALLY THAT UGLY

Pellet pumps are a good accessory, you can flavour pellets when pumping them too, they also work on dog biscuits too. If the pellets you have are floaters and you want them to remain floaters then don't pump them, the air in them is replaced by water and they will sink.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I'll look what I've got but most are the same
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Mine are the ones from Amazon, the Vacuvin food saver version, I did a review on the old site but only Graham's one has been transferred.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

7. Default

great stuff guys,got a browning one and it works great.thankyou for your help.
    AM I REALLY THAT UGLY

Darren, try adding some jelly crystals to the water and leave the pellets to 'set'. Any flavour you wish to experiment with
    The most important bit of kit never to forget - a disgorger.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Git @ View Post
    Darren, try adding some jelly crystals to the water and leave the pellets to 'set'. Any flavour you wish to experiment with
    That's perhaps a Trifle over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Stealph Viper View Post
    That's perhaps a Trifle over the top
    ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh god noooooooooo, that hurt Steph. You've been told before, no ad-lib humour, always post a warning first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast